Dining On Board

TheRoll

Hi all!  New RC traveler here and we've only done one cruise in the past with Carnival.  All the food there was unlimited but I'm noticing that there's lots of "add on" for food with RC.  Can you guys fill me in on details of meal plans?  Can you order multiple entrees/apps in the Main Dining Room?  Are there free food places you can walk into at any time of the day?  If Windjammers isn't open b/c of reduced capacity - are there other (free) options?

Thanks!

Have sailed both.  Both offer similar "included" food options while Royal tends to have more specialty dining options.  Royal tends to have bigger ships and with bigger ships come more space for more options.

I often sail without any extra cost dining but sometimes i feel like splurging a bit.  For your first on Royal I'd suggest sticking with the included options to see how you like them without assuming you must buy optional dining.  However if you want to splurge for a special occasion then go for it!

Check out the getting started section of this site:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/getting-started

17 hours ago, twangster said:

often sail without any extra cost dining but sometimes i feel like splurging a bit.  For your first on Royal I'd suggest sticking with the included options to see how you like them without assuming you must buy optional dining.  However if you want to splurge for a special occasion then go for it!

I totally agree with @Twangstar comments. The included dining options are vast and plentiful. Order two mains or multiple entrees and/or deserts. The staff are very accomodating. We do mix up our cruises with just the complementary options. Food is really subjective, but we prefer Royal. Let us know how you went upon your return. Enjoy   

On 10/22/2021 at 10:20 AM, TheRoll said:

Are there free food places you can walk into at any time of the day?  If Windjammers isn't open b/c of reduced capacity - are there other (free) options?

Yes there are free places to grab food or snacks 24 hrs and depending on the ship may have a couple different options.  Good food a plenty. 😃