On Board Credit - Specialty Dining

Kyan

As far as I know anything that you book before your sailing is charged ahead of time and thus not applied towards any OBC you may have.  Perhaps there is some exception I'm not aware of.  Do you have enough OBC that you don't think it will be used up?  If you haven't prepaid gratuities that can go towards your OBC, as well as drinks purchased on board (if you didn't get a drink package ahead of time), shore excursions, merchandise onboard, etc.

I booked my trip on Oasis next week through Royal's website during a promotion where they were offering $125 per person OBC.  Around 20 days out from sail date, my OBC became available to spend on the cruise planner.  I posted about this recently, and not many people have seen this happen yet.  It only appears to be those who receive OBC directly from booking on Royal rather than through a travel agent.  So if you are offered OBC during a booking through Royal, check around 20 days out from your sail date to see if your credit is available.  Otherwise, you'll need to pay for the dining package with a card.

I booked my trip on Oasis next week through Royal's website during a promotion where they were offering $125 per person OBC.  Around 20 days out from sail date, my OBC became available to spend on the cruise planner.  I posted about this recently, and not many people have seen this happen yet.  It only appears to be those who receive OBC directly from booking on Royal rather than through a travel agent.  So if you are offered OBC during a booking through Royal, check around 20 days out from your sail date to see if your credit is available.  Otherwise, you'll need to pay for the dining package with a card.

Oh, cool! I've seen screenshots of this happening but I wasn't sure what the deal was with that. Thanks! 

Thanks for the feedback.  We have enough OBC both from RC and the travel agency we booked through to cover either the 3 or 4 day specialty dining package.  I was just trying to get a jump on reservations and avoid paying with a credit card.   Worse case we can book as soon as we get on board.   

Thanks Firebuck, I will check our Cruise Planner as we get close to our departure date.