Anthem and Entertainment booking

Hi Everyone...very new to the boards and RCCL. My family and I have cruised for over 10 yrs but our upcoming Dec cruise is only our second cruise with RCCL.

I've read in a few threads that the entertainment booking will only be available onboard at this time.

Do you anticipate this will change to be offered through My Cruise Planner soon or is this expected to remain only onboard booking for the next few months/year?

Without booking ahead of time, what time would you suggest dinner should be booked in order to not overlap with the shows/entertainment?

Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks!

Reserving the entertainment onboard is quick and easy and they gave us a flyer in our cabin that listed all the shows and headliner events for each day. We reviewed them with our friends and made the reservations and/or reminders on the app when we were logged into the ships WiFi. Very easy and with the reduced capacity there was not a show where we were turned away. It could be also that we did it early. They were checking that we had reservations but I also think they let everyone in once those with reservations were in. Dining reservations were also easy in the app. Only complaint is you have to go through several steps to make your reservations. They could have made it easier with a few less steps I felt were unnecessary but it sure beats the long lines of earlier cruises.

19 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

Usually shows run twice a night so either main dining room seating will give you time to see the shows.

Check out old cruise compasses  to get an idea 

33 minutes ago, KJones said:

I don't know if anyone really knows how long the onboard-only reservations will continue. But for dinner scheduling purposes, you could look at previous cruise planners to see what time shows typically have been.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass

Thanks so much!

I will check them out.

19 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

Reserving the entertainment onboard is quick and easy and they gave us a flyer in our cabin that listed all the shows and headliner events for each day. We reviewed them with our friends and made the reservations and/or reminders on the app when we were logged into the ships WiFi. Very easy and with the reduced capacity there was not a show where we were turned away. It could be also that we did it early. They were checking that we had reservations but I also think they let everyone in once those with reservations were in. Dining reservations were also easy in the app. Only complaint is you have to go through several steps to make your reservations. They could have made it easier with a few less steps I felt were unnecessary but it sure beats the long lines of earlier cruises.

Thanks so much for the suggestion and info...I'm glad it's not to difficult to book for the shows. I just wanted to make sure we're able to take advantage of the shows since this will be our first time on the Anthem.