Specialty Dining Question

dediva63

I just purchase the specialty dining package and it asked me to reserve a specific time and day but not the restaurant.

Can you choose where you eat on that day or do you have to eat where they assign you?

Sorry for the stupid question but first time  with specialty dining.

Thanks for the help!

As Matt said, it's easy enough to change onboard.  Interestingly enough, on the smaller ships, you're allowed to book both a time and a restaurant, but this doesn't seem to be the case on the larger ships.

We're on Allure in January and simply booked for the second night and will rebook once onboard and book for the remaining nights.

• 1 month later...

Like everyone said once onbaord its pretty easy. On the Anthem we had the dining package and I went to Chops the first day and they were able to make several reservations for me, even in the other restaurants. 

It was very easy using the Royal IQ app. I hope they roll this out fleet wide. 

I too was directed to pick my dining time...but not the restaurants. Geesh...I am on vacation and do not want to wear a watch so I know I have to appear at my appointed time to dine. This is my vacation not a regimented work schedule even tho I am retired!

I've never booked a time for my time dining and only had to wait once for a table. I agree with you and don't want a regimented dining time.

I've never booked a time for my time dining and only had to wait once for a table. I agree with you and don't want a regimented dining time.

I know I'm weird and old fashioned, but I rather like having a set, appointed time for dinner.  I also really enjoy having the same wait staff at each meal.  I would not enjoy a Norwegian cruise because of this.

As a youngster I also collected stamps and coins which went into albums in nice neat orderly rows, so that probably explains some of my proclivities.