Hang Gliding

Christie

Probably not due to liability issues nor hang gliding expertise on the islands. Over the past couple of years, Royal Caribbean has implemented an age limit of 65 years of age for their scuba excursions. I recently challenged this with my doctor signing off on a waiver and they wouldn't honor it. So, I doubt if they would offer hang gliding. 

I used to live in College Station too. Is the Chicken Oil Company still in business?

:o

If I find one on Puerto Rico, I'll let you know how it goes so you can do it on the group cruise.

Probably not due to liability issues nor hang gliding expertise on the islands. Over the past couple of years, Royal Caribbean has implemented an age limit of 65 years of age for their scuba excursions. I recently challenged this with my doctor signing off on a waiver and they wouldn't honor it. So, I doubt if they would offer hang gliding. 

I used to live in College Station too. Is the Chicken Oil Company still in business?

Hi there!  The excursion doesn't need to be through RC necessarily.  

It is still in business! 

Wow, I didn't know that... I'll be climbing up on 65 in a few years.. Wonder if my advanced open water diver certification will fly...

Sorry Arebee, advanced open water cert. won't help. It's the age limit. I'm 68, a volunteer diver at one of the NC Aquariums, advanced open water cert., well over 500 dives logged and I get out at least 12 times during the summer open water diving in the Atlantic. They told me that waivers won't work because of the contractual and legal agreements with the dive operators. I'll be on the Serenity next March going to Bonaire. I contacted a dive operator there and they said no problem, just get your doctor to sign off on the waiver. 

I always dive with a non cruise ship dive company. But before I do I thoroughly research the dive operator. And now that I to am 66  I get my waiver every year at my annual physical.  It is truly the most peaceful experience one can do.  As far as hang gliding I cant say that I have seen any in the Caribbean.   

We met a couple on our Liberty cruise who were quite active and one a veteran and they ran into this problem too. I had s similar experience on the other end--my son was too young--but I contacted the tour provider and they waived the requirement and Carnival agreed. My father in law wanted to snorkel in Alaska for some reason on a Princess cruise, and the TA worked with the cruise line to get the age limit waived. It sounds like Royal has a different policy, however.