Cider?

Rjh8842

Okay so i read that we can only bring wine champagne on board. But what about sparkling cider? And would it count towards our room allotment? I do not drink soda or alcohol so i will not have those with dinner. However we are bringing our alotment of wine for the other adults. I thought if i could bring sparkling cider to dinner the kids and i could enjoy it.

The "rules" read wine only no other alcoholic beverages ... our experience has been that they tend to glance at the wine bottles more to see that they are sealed than necessarily validating that they are wine.

My buddy and I recently found a Liefmanns beer that comes in 750ml bottles and looks just like wine ... we will be attempting to carry on two bottles each at Thanksgiving. If it works great, if it does not we are out $20 each no big deal :)

The "rules" read wine only no other alcoholic beverages ... our experience has been that they tend to glance at the wine bottles more to see that they are sealed than necessarily validating that they are wine.

My buddy and I recently found a Liefmanns beer that comes in 750ml bottles and looks just like wine ... we will be attempting to carry on two bottles each at Thanksgiving. If it works great, if it does not we are out $20 each no big deal :)

I'm curious to see your results on this.. I'd LOVE to be able to bring bombers of nice beer on board rather than wine. 

I thought if i could bring sparkling cider to dinner the kids and i could enjoy it.

My past experience is that they won't serve it to the kids in the dining room.  My parents, who apparently don't know me at all LOL, had a bottle of nonalcoholic sparkling wine delivered to us as a gift in the dining room on a recent cruise.  Staff provided it to us, but would not serve it to the children (ages 6 and 8 at the time).

You will not be out the $20 bucks each...they will just hold the confiscated bottles until disembarkation.