Missing email promotions

pepsplace

I had been in the same situation, only receiving direct emails (such as booking or Cruise Planner confirmations). My thinking was that my private domain email address (hosted on GMail) had somehow ended up getting blocked in Royal Caribbean's internal systems, thus preventing promotional emails from coming through.

I then decided to give up trying to fight it, and I started changing my email address with Royal Caribbean to my regular @gmail.com address. Shortly after my cruise in March when I gave Club Royale my @gmail.com address, the mail started flowing... to the original private domain address!

I continue to receive promotional emails from both Royal Caribbean generally and also Club Royale. I don't know what kickstarted it, but I have to wonder whether attempting to change my email address did something in their databases to remove a block.

Of the promotional emails I am receiving, I'm not getting Crown & Anchor emails. I don't know why those are missing, but I'm happy with what I am getting, especially the Club Royale messages since those tend to be offers for discounted (or even "free") cruises.