Empress

Kris816

Hello: we are considering a cruise on the Empress. We followed Michael Poole's live blog this weekend and the ship sounded great. He was on a cruise for social media gurus and bloggers, though; so, I am thinking RCCL really rolled out the red carpet for this group. I am wondering if anyone who sailed on Empress recently would be willing to share their experience. For example, Michael never ate dinner in the dining room only Chops so that is something we are curious about.

Hi Kris,

Our friend Ric recently sailed Empress (not part of the social media takeover) and provided feedback that seemed very similar to Michael's.  I'll see if he might provide some specifics when he has a chance but I do recall a few of his takeaways:

-MDR food and service was very good

-Ship was beautiful but night life was pretty non-existent

-Stateroom was small but adequate

-Voom was unreliable

On the Voom note, I know Michael Poole had similar issues, though from what I could tell it had improved a bit.  As mentioned, I'll see if Ric has some further feedback, but I know he keeps a busy schedule.

-BH

Surprised the night life wasn't there...as its a shorter cruise, it sails out of Miami and it kinda sells itself as a bit of a party ship.

I know its always hit or miss obviously, but would love to hear if this seems to be the norm.

Its not a weekend sailing either which tends to be a little more lively in the evenings I suppose.

Surprised the night life wasn't there...as its a shorter cruise, it sails out of Miami and it kinda sells itself as a bit of a party ship.

I know its always hit or miss obviously, but would love to hear if this seems to be the norm.

Its not a weekend sailing either which tends to be a little more lively in the evenings I suppose.

I think a big disadvantage of this ship as it sits right now is that it's difficult to plan a sailing on it if you can't sail within a month or two of notice. This sort of limits the market and I wonder if that is having an affect on the nightlife? 

I think a big disadvantage of this ship as it sits right now is that it's difficult to plan a sailing on it if you can't sail within a month or two of notice. This sort of limits the market and I wonder if that is having an affect on the nightlife? 

This is possible.  I'd love to know how the demographics look on Empress bookings vs Enchantment and Majesty.  It would seem possible that they're a bit older, as retired folks can go last minute more easily.  Just a theory though, no idea if that's the actual reason for the lack of night life.