embarcation times port canerveral

If you're looking to get on nice and early (and why not, your cruise starts when you board), I'd get to the port at around 0930 or 1000.  This will ensure you get through before any crowds, and hopefully, boarding will start shortly after you've checked in.  Now, with this, comes the risk that there is a customs, USCG, maintenance, or other delay that leaves you waiting at the port for a bit, though this isn't terribly common. 

This is a really personal question and really depends on the type of person you are.  Some go later to avoid the crowds.  However, I believe most of us on these boards subscribe to the, "Get there as early as possible" camp.  I generally aim for somewhere between 10 and 11 and have rarely had to wait long.  I also have a family that likes to sleep in coming from the west coast, so mornings aren't always on our side.  Others get there even earlier, but I wouldn't recommend much before 9:30 as the previous cruisers will still be making their way out of the port area.

If you're looking to get on nice and early (and why not, your cruise starts when you board), I'd get to the port at around 0930 or 1000.  This will ensure you get through before any crowds, and hopefully, boarding will start shortly after you've checked in.  Now, with this, comes the risk that there is a customs, USCG, maintenance, or other delay that leaves you waiting at the port for a bit, though this isn't terribly common. 

And I thought I was going to be the first to reply.  You must type faster than I do. :)

I'm the same as arebee.

The new terminal at PC flows very well. Last time I walked in the doors at 11:05 and stepped aboard at 11:15. That was the D+ security and check-in lines, but the regular lines would have only taken 15-20 more...

I would agree with all the above posts. We usually get there between 9:30 - 10:30 all depending on the shuttle from the hotel or rental car place (neither seem to go fast enough). There has only been 1 time that we had to wait over 2 hours because of a customs issue, but every other time we have been able to smoothly go through check-in and security and get on the ship. Because like most other people your vacation doesn't really start until you are on that ship!