Adventure of the Seas

Kayleigh

Hello everyone!

My husband was lucky enough to have enough chips to win a "free" cruise playing My Vegas. Ideally, this isn't the ship or itinerary we would like, but it's "free" (meaning we are paying port fees and taxes and a room upgrade).

We potentially have a 5 day Western Caribbean sailing out of Galveston come November.

I have some questions around this sailing and was hoping to get some answers from your wonderful people ?

Does anyone know if the Solarium is open or if it's closed (for example, we were on Mariner of the Seas and over the pool area was open air). Was Adventure recently amplified or no? I am having some trouble finding this out.

Also, what are some excursions we can do in Mexico?

How are the prices when you book another cruise while on the ship. We were supposed to be on Oasis in September and would really love to try her and go back to Coco Cay.

Anything else about Adventure or the Western Caribbean that we should know about or do?

Thanks!!

5 minutes ago, Kayleigh said:

Does anyone know if the Solarium is open or if it's closed (for example, we were on Mariner of the Seas and over the pool area was open air).

Open, just like Mariner. They are both Voyager Class ships.

5 minutes ago, Kayleigh said:

Was Adventure recently amplified or no?

Yes, she got some upgrades in 2018 https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/02/12/first-look-royal-caribbeans-newly-refurbished-adventure-of-the-seas

6 minutes ago, Kayleigh said:

Also, what are some excursions we can do in Mexico?

6 minutes ago, Kayleigh said:

How are the prices when you book another cruise while on the ship.

Same price as at home. Booking onboard gets you bonus onboard credit.

I did a back to back on Adventure last year for a total of 14 days onboard. First leg eastern Caribbean, second western. 

I never got bored. The crew was great and I didn’t feel like I was repeating anything. 

On the second leg, my wife went home and our son flew down. He and I  did the western itinerary.  We went snorkeling in Costa Maya and Grand Cayman.  In Cozumel we did one of the ATV adventures.   We really enjoyed all of the excursions. 

That being said, next time I probably would do a water excursion over an ATV one for the simple fact that I can go on an ATV ride anytime I want up here, but cannot swim in tropical waters (we have a couple 4-wheelers and the Atlantic is cold off the coast of Maine). 

On prior visits to Cozumel with my wife, we’ve gone to Tulum and Paradise Beach.   Both are fun, however the Tulum trip is a whole day excursion and can be too much for some. Going to a local beach is relaxing. 

As far as booking onboard, we like to do it for the reduced non-refundable deposits ($100 pp).  Be aware, booking at NextCruise to get the bonus obc and cheap deposits required non-refundable deposits.