Amplification

Hi Everyone!  

This is my first post....looking to cruise in June 2022 for my daughters High School graduation!  I have a courtesy hold for our group! With all the cancellations, we weren’t left with much of a choice out of FL for the time we can sail.  Any idea if Explorer will get the amplification?  I think I read she’s heading to dry dock for routine maintenance.  I feel kind of frustrated she seems to be the only Voyager class ship left that hasn’t been updated.  And, any idea if she’ll be added to the cruise app so myself and our group can utilize that tool?  Looks like the only ship not listed there lol!

Thank you for any insight or info! Much appreciated ☺️☺️
Laura 

Welcome to the message boards!

The reality is we don't know.  The pandemic has thrown a wrench in many plans and Explorer's amplification is just another example.

The good news is that Explorer was in pretty good shape when I sailed her in 2018.  They had been updating areas prior to the concept of amplifications so it's not like she is run down and sad.  My cabin for example was a plain interior cabin but it had been refreshed already and was in better shape compared to some ships that were since amplified but didn't get their cabins touched.

The biggest "thing" missing is water slides.  Those were supposed to come (we think) during the amplification.  We just don't know what the plans are for her to eventually get her slides.

So while Explorer hasn't been officially "amped" she remains a great ship.  

20 minutes ago, Laurasea said:

And, any idea if she’ll be added to the cruise app so myself and our group can utilize that tool?  Looks like the only ship not listed there lol!

FYI: It is not the only ship not listed, but, it is expected that all the ships will be added to the app as Royal plans to have guests utilize the app more in the near future.

i.e. Muster Drills, Check-In, Cruise Compass, etc.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/12/07/royal-caribbean-says-its-app-required-when-cruises-restart

Thank you!  I’ve sailed on Voyager back in the day....about 17 years ago and had a blast!  When I originally began planning this, we were going to choose Oasis, but as the pandemic pushed on and cruising halted, that ship is no longer an option.  I’m excited, and not too concerned.....was just hopeful it would get done haha!  I hope they at least add Explorer to the app because with traveling with such a large group, it’ll be good to send them all there to manage their cruise, reservations etc ☺️☺️

Welcome to the message boards @Laurasea!

Officially, Royal Caribbean put all the amplifications, including the one for Explorer, on hold until further notice.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/06/09/royal-caribbean-postpones-royal-amplifications-its-cruise-ships-until-further-notice

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/06/10/royal-caribbean-still-planning-complete-postponed-cruise-ship-makeovers

But there's no way to know when that may occur.