Capacity question for cruises

Leroyr55

Finger ? we have a cruise on SOS May 8th. So there is talk of possibly limiting the number of passengers. I’ve done mock bookings just to check the price. What I’ve noticed is there appears to be very few cabins available. So if they have to reduce the number of passengers any thoughts on how they would do that.

I too believe they are probably reducing the load by not selling cabins.  It may look like those cabins are sold when viewing on line, but in reality RCL just removed them from their inventory.    

Hope your cruise goes.  We were suppose to be on her May 15th, however, we did the lift and shift back in Nov.  Point being the cabin we had may have never gone back up for purchase, thus, reducing the load.  On another forum, I have seen many posters stating they did the lift and shift too for the week of my cruise, my guess would be 50% did what we did.  Our ship was 95% (guesstimate by doing a mock booking) sold out back in July.  If even 40% did the shift and RCL removed them they would be at 50%.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if this was the case for the Grandeur of the Seas sailings out of Barbados at end of this year/beginning 2022. When I booked for December it seemed that sailings "sold out" awfully fast, especially since the cruises were just posted the day I booked.

21 minutes ago, emmef said:

I wonder if this was the case for the Grandeur of the Seas sailings out of Barbados at end of this year/beginning 2022. When I booked for December it seemed that sailings "sold out" awfully fast, especially since the cruises were just posted the day I booked.

There's a lot of pent up demand and people are grabbing anything that might sail right now.  Grandeur has limited suites and balconies so some categories sell out quickly.