Voom Internet packages

Hi all,

I'm new to this site so sorry if this question has been asked before.

My friend and I are cruising on the Independence of the Seas in October.  Can we buy a one device VOOM package and share a log in?  I realise we probably get a password and would therefore have to log in / out of our ipads so that the other could have a turn. 

I notice that if we buy a package before the cruise there is a discount - I'm not sure we'd get a similar deal when on board with our "platinum" status.

Thanks in advance for any help

Sarah

To add to this, the cost of additional devices isn't huge.  For example, it's about $11/day for surf and stream 1 device on the Sept group cruise, but about $16 for 2 devices surf and stream.  The second device was about 50% less, though I didn't check to see how this scales to 3rd and 4th devices.

• 2 months later...

I read that Voom is included in the GS "package". Is that limited to a certain amount of internet or unlimited?

This is not fleet wide it is only included on Oasis and Quantum class ships as per the reply I received form Royal when I asked the same question. It includes one device per guest in the suite and will be the unlimited surf and stream package.  See the reply I received below.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns regarding 

the complimentary Internet Package. 

Please note that this package is only complimentary on Oasis and Quantum 

class ships but we have many other amenities on the Rhapsody. Please click 

on the link below for more information. 

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do;jsessionid=0000d2p-OapJelMvhLRDye7N2Bd:12hdhu87a?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests 

That's great news. We are on Oasis next February and are booked in a GS. My wife got spoiled with that when we cruised Allure in a GS a couple of years ago. Since then, they have added many "extras" to the GS ammenities I see. The Coastal Kitchen seems like a very nice "perk". I realize that if you add up all these good extras they still don't add up to what you could add on to, say, a Vista Suite but you only go around once in this world and why leave your hard earned cash to someone who doesn't deserve it? <G>

Thanks

Al in Florida