Any news regarding RCI’s Presidents Cruise?

The 2020 Presidents Cruise is October 25 sailing on the Allure out of Barcelona for 7 days in the Med. The next cruise following it is a transatlantic from Barcelona back to Miami. There’s lots of us booked on both cruises and as things are right now, we are wondering what’s the possibility that these will sail or be cancelled. With international flights, hotels etc booked, it would help if we had some idea regarding these cruises. I would wonder if Michael Bailey is still planning to be there and host the Presidents Cruise?  I kinda think he has a pretty good idea by now…

17 hours ago, BarbieBell said:

I would wonder if Michael Bailey is still planning to be there and host the Presidents Cruise?

The last update in April was it was still on "The President's Cruise is still in our scope, and of course we're going to look forward to welcoming our guests onboard. So right now, we are still planning that cruise."

On 6/15/2020 at 2:48 PM, BarbieBell said:

The 2020 Presidents Cruise is October 25 sailing on the Allure out of Barcelona for 7 days in the Med. The next cruise following it is a transatlantic from Barcelona back to Miami. There’s lots of us booked on both cruises and as things are right now, we are wondering what’s the possibility that these will sail or be cancelled.

I'm on the trans Atlantic on Allure but not the President's cruise.  The later it gets the more likely I will cancel.  I had my flight booked but it was cancelled.  I'm not sure what is happening in Spain.  Fortunately or not, my trans Atlantic cruise is paid in full because of a FCC from another cancelled cruise.  About the only thing that prevents me from cancelling this cruise is having to go through another ordeal with my deposit and cruise planner purchases being refunded. 

I don't hold Royal responsible for any of this but more communication would be nice.  If so many of us are on these cruises, I would like to know what you are planning do.  

• 1 month later...

Well still no word regarding the Presidents Cruise and final payment is due now. Some cruise lines are reducing the final payment from 90 days out to 60 or less. It would be a nice gesture on RCI ‘s part and reduce stress on them as well as us.  The Allure is already in Europe and is scheduled to be in Barcelona for the Presidents 7 day Med cruise and the following week it sails a 14 day TA back to Miami. As time passes it’s getting doubtful these cruises, like so many others, will happen at all. As these cruises originate in Europe the flights, transfers, hotels etc create quite a task when they are cancelled, and often with very minimum notice from the cruise lines.