Frustrating phone call

So my son saw that a cabin next us was available at the same price as his single cabin on the Ovation (= more room and double points) so I phone them and after 40 minutes they say it’s $400 more than the price on the website because it’s classed as an upgrade ??‍♂️ Really I’ve never had that before but they would not budge, so I did a new booking and requested that the old booking to be cancelled under new rules FCC...So frustrating now they need to do more admin than just doing an upgrade.

I’ve done many upgrades never had this before...?

21 minutes ago, Jason12 said:

So my son saw that a cabin next us was available at the same price as his single cabin on the Ovation (= more room and double points) so I phone them and after 40 minutes they say it’s $400 more than the price on the website because it’s classed as an upgrade ??‍♂️ Really I’ve never had that before but they would not budge, so I did a new booking and requested that the old booking to be cancelled under new rules FCC...So frustrating now they need to do more admin than just doing an upgrade.

I’ve done many upgrades never had this before...?

I've got that as well and what i was told is they (RCL) goes off the current price that your room list for now and the rate of the room that your looking at..the price difference is what you pay for an upgrade.  That doesn't sit well with me, since the price it list for now is lower that what i've payed for it..why not give the room to me for the difference of what i paid and the new room.  I was told that's not how it works. ?‍♂️

Worst part of it was i couldn't get a reprice since the company that i booked it thru set up the wrong date for final payment and paid it off. I'm still 108 days out from final payment date. ?