Stan Komar

TOTALLY FRUSTRATED.

We are due to sail on the Brilliance of the Seas on the 12th June and have twice written the Royal caribbean website without response. At this stage our country South Africa is still in lockdown with no flights in or out of the country so besides the port of Amsterdam being closed we cannot get there.  Both my wife and myself have more than two chronic conditions and are 67 years of age and at one stage were told we would not be allowed on board.  The health alert section just has repetition after repetition of small print of jargon.

Can we assume that we and this ship will not sail!  Why is it that they keep us in limbo forever?  None of their new conditions for passengers have been released as yet!!! 

Hi Stanley, welcome to the Royal Caribbean blog forums!

Really sorry to hear about your frustrations trying to get any information about your upcoming cruise. Please be aware this is not an official web site of Royal Caribbean Cruises / Royal Caribbean International, and it is just a fan site for people who are frequent cruisers on Royal or looking to get information about cruising with Royal from those with past experience. It's very unlikely that someone from the company will see your post here or reply in any official capacity.

There are several here on this site who are expecting Royal to make an official announcement of the next round of cancellations some time in the very near future, especially since they have cruises like yours that are scheduled for June 11 and 12 that can't be left hanging much longer. But we have no inside information that could answer your question with any certainty. I hope that you are able to get some clarification on this soon.

11 hours ago, Stanley Komar said:

Can we assume that we and this ship will not sail!  Why is it that they keep us in limbo forever?  None of their new conditions for passengers have been released as yet!

Welcome to the site.

I think the issue why they don't cancel is they prefer not to cancel until it is 100% clear they will not be able to sail.  95% or even 98% isn't compelling enough. After all, they promised to offer you a cruise and if there's any chance of that, they're going to do their best to see if it can happen.

Moreover, if there's been one constant throughout this crisis, it's been the situation changes daily. If they cancel, and then suddenly a new law comes out or something else, they can't uncancel it.

Facebook Messenger seems to be one of the most reliable ways to contact someone at Royal Caribbean these days, although, as Matt said, until they decide it's a no sail, it's a sail (even though it likely won't be).  I'd certainly try them on their Facebook page, if you have access.