Planning back to back advice? FCC advice too?

Is there an easy way to figure out what dates coincide so that you can plan a back to back cruise? There are some short Freedom cruises from NJ that go to Canada, 4 nights and then Freedom does 5 night Bermuda cruises. I'd like to link up one to the other and do a North cruise and then Bermuda. Its kind of a pain to figure out what dates work though or connect together. Also we will have 1,429 FCC left over to use once or hopefully if Oasis sails this Sept. Can I use some for each back to back or does it just make sense to pay off one and then have the other to concentrate on paying off? Also we would have to put out two deposits to do this correct? Thanks for any help because I'm a bit confused trying to figure all this out. 

13 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Is there an easy way to figure out what dates coincide so that you can plan a back to back cruise? There are some short Freedom cruises from NJ that go to Canada, 4 nights and then Freedom does 5 night Bermuda cruises. I'd like to link up one to the other and do a North cruise and then Bermuda. Its kind of a pain to figure out what dates work though or connect together. Also we will have 1,429 FCC left over to use once or hopefully if Oasis sails this Sept. Can I use some for each back to back or does it just make sense to pay off one and then have the other to concentrate on paying off? Also we would have to put out two deposits to do this correct? Thanks for any help because I'm a bit confused trying to figure all this out. 

1. You need to put deposit for each one of the cruise even if it is B2B.

2. You can use the FCC on one of the cruises if you will have left over RCL will give you a new FCC for the differences.

3. Finding the right B2B cruise can be done or by yourself using the online tool checking for all the cruises or better connect with a TA and he will do the work for you and offer you some dates.  

Basically, you have to figure out the dates. For cruises that do 7-nighters or 3 and 4 nighters, it is fairly easy to figure it out. For ships that have more varied itineraries, you just have to count the nights forward and figure out what the next date is.

31 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Also we will have 1,429 FCC left over to use once or hopefully if Oasis sails this Sept. Can I use some for each back to back or does it just make sense to pay off one and then have the other to concentrate on paying off?

My understanding is you apply the FCC towards one sailing. If there is leftover FCC, then you could apply that the other sailing in the B2B.

41 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Also we will have 1,429 FCC left over to use once or hopefully if Oasis sails this Sept. Can I use some for each back to back or does it just make sense to pay off one and then have the other to concentrate on paying off?

If you have leftover FCC it doesn't get reissued until the first sailing you applied it towards has sailed, so it won't be able to be used for both legs of a B2B as those are considered two separate sailings in the system.  I'm not sure you can partially apply FCC by choice either -- the system is going to use the FCC to offset the cruisefare no matter what your remaining balance is.  If you've almost totally paid off a cruise and then apply the FCC, it can result in an overpayment which will kick back what you've paid towards the cruise back to your payment method anyways (anything left after covering port fees/taxes).

5 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you have leftover FCC it doesn't get reissued until the first sailing you applied it towards has sailed, so it won't be able to be used for both legs of a B2B as those are considered two separate sailings in the system.  I'm not sure you can partially apply FCC by choice either -- the system is going to use the FCC to offset the cruisefare no matter what your remaining balance is.  If you've almost totally paid off a cruise and then apply the FCC, it can result in an overpayment which will kick back what you've paid towards the cruise back to your payment method anyways (anything left after covering port fees/taxes).

Yes, we don't get to use the left over portion of the FCC till our cruise [hopefully] sails in Sept. We can book using deposits now and then when the other portion of the FCC, 1,429 is issued after Oasis in Sept. we can the just apply the FCC. I am working with MEI but I'm trying to do some leg work before we book. I found 2 cruises that coincide. 4 nights on Freedom to Halifax June 1 to June 5th, then June 5th Freedom again to Bermuda 5 days. It actually would cost a bit more than I would have wanted. Probably just do a regular 9 day Canada/New England cruise and hold off on the B2B. I am getting a jump up in pay next year so I think we will swing it then. Thanks for the help.