Question about changing sail date

KMo89

So a few weeks ago I called and got our price dropped. Because we didn't have much left to pay, the price change paid off our remaining balance. Our sail date is December of this year, so our balance didn't have to be paid in full until September. Am I still able to change our sail date if needed even though our balance is paid in full? My husband's job is now giving him issues with taking off like planned. We're still a while away from everything having to be paid, but I wasn't sure. This is our very first cruise, and I'm still learning how all of this works!

23 minutes ago, KMo89 said:

So a few weeks ago I called and got our price dropped. Because we didn't have much left to pay, the price change paid off our remaining balance. Our sail date is December of this year, so our balance didn't have to be paid in full until September. Am I still able to change our sail date if needed even though our balance is paid in full? My husband's job is now giving him issues with taking off like planned. We're still a while away from everything having to be paid, but I wasn't sure. This is our very first cruise, and I'm still learning how all of this works!

It will depend on whether you booked with a refundable or non-refundable deposit.  If you have a refundable deposit, you can change ships and/or sail dates without penalty before final payment without any $$ penalty, even if you have paid in full.  If you booked with a NRD, you can change ship and/or sail date but it will cost you $100 PP.  Bookings are pretty much non-refundable by default these days, meaning that if you did not specifically ask for your booking to have a refundable deposit, you probably have a NRD booking.

If the cruise line pushes Cruise With Confidence out beyond the end of September, you might get lucky and be able to save the $100 PP penalty, but right now, your booking falls outside of the CWC timeline.

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It will depend on whether you booked with a refundable or non-refundable deposit.  If you have a refundable deposit, you can change ships and/or sail dates without penalty before final payment without any $$ penalty, even if you have paid in full.  If you booked with a NRD, you can change ship and/or sail date but it will cost you $100 PP.  Bookings are pretty much non-refundable by default these days, meaning that if you did not specifically ask for your booking to have a refundable deposit, you probably have a NRD booking.

If the cruise line pushes Cruise With Confidence out beyond the end of September, you might get lucky and be able to save the $100 PP penalty, but right now, your booking falls outside of the CWC timeline.

We have NRD. We have already had to change it once, but now possibly will have to again. I just wasn't sure if since our balance was paid in full if we are now locked in for December or if we can still change if needed (by paying the fee of course).

12 hours ago, KMo89 said:

I just wasn't sure if since our balance was paid in full if we are now locked in for December or if we can still change if needed (by paying the fee of course).

My expectation is if you wanted to cancel before final payment date, you could get a full refund (minus the NRD change fee), regardless of the fact you paid in full.