Bringing sodas on Liberty out of Galveston

Officially, the rules state you cannot.

However, in practice, many guests report unopened bottles of water and/or soda are allowed (or at least, overlooked). Ideally, bring them in your carryon if possible.

On our Liberty/Galveston cruise in April we carried our 2 bottles of wine in carry on. During the security screening they saw the bottles on the X-ray and we were directed to a separate table behind security for inspection. Upon seeing 2 bottles of wine they said we were ok and sent us on our way.

Having a separate table to check your carry on bottles was new for us in Galveston. I don't know what they would say about soda and water, which are "prohibited", but you will likely be inspected.

Under the rules no, but most of the time it is not a problem they will allow it. Worst case, they see it and hold until the end of the cruise. It is not lkike we are talking about any real value or cost here.

I took a 12 pack in my carry on when we boarded the Liberty without problem, even though I knew there was a risk that it could be taken. What they did seize, though, was a 20 ounce bottle of water as the seal had been broken since I had some of it on the way to the port.