Moving cabin categories after final payment?

Ron Rico

Hi there - my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter (infant) are booked in an interior cabin for our upcoming family cruise. The final payment was made last week. I noticed today that an Ocean View Balcony Guarantee is now about $75 cheaper than their interior room that was paid for last week. Is it possible to move them into this room category after final payment? I am not worried about the $75 being refunded, as it is well worth the cabin upgrade. Just curious if Royal would allow the move....

Thanks in advance everyone!

12 minutes ago, D_Hubb said:

Hi there - my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter (infant) are booked in an interior cabin for our upcoming family cruise. The final payment was made last week. I noticed today that an Ocean View Balcony Guarantee is now about $75 cheaper than their interior room that was paid for last week. Is it possible to move them into this room category after final payment? I am not worried about the $75 being refunded, as it is well worth the cabin upgrade. Just curious if Royal would allow the move....

Thanks in advance everyone!

GOOD NEWS !  Yes !  Assuming you booked under North American rules, you can get the upgrade for $0 but, as you noted, you will not get any money back.

If you booked with an Agent, call ASAP and have them take care of this for you.  If you booked directly with Royal, call them.  This will NOT be done for you automatically.  You will have to act.

Great catch, BTW !!