Stateroom not available on RCl but is on Priceline

Pattycruise

I like to check Priceline to see available cabins on a ship.....at times I feel it is easier on their site.  

I also check the RC site.

There is a Junior Suite Large balcony showing on priceline but is NOT showing on RC.   Is my only option to book via Priceline?  I've never used them, I've not heard great things from the limited use some friends have used them for.

Does anyone else do their own research on cruise/cabin booking?  If you do, is there a website you recommend to help make it easier?  I'm the type who goes deck by deck on availability/category because I usually try to get all the pricing figured out before putting out the choices to family/friends.   

I really wish RC could be user friendly and we could see the deck plan with available cabins and we could click to see pricing.

6 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

I really wish RC could be user friendly and we could see the deck plan with available cabins and we could click to see pricing.

When you are using the RCI site for booking, once you drill down to the 'Select Deck' page and choose a deck, you will be shown a deck map with available rooms highlighted on the 'Select Room Number' page. It can be tedious to search through them all but the information is there. Also, experience tells me that there is always one more room available in each category than is shown. The only way I know to find out which, is call and ask.

51 minutes ago, twangster said:

Yes it's common for certain cabins not to be available VIA Royal directly but available through an agency.  Typically you don't have to use priceline, any travel agent should be able to book that room.  MEI for example.

My travel agent  did not see that room-she calls Royal Caribbean to book rooms.  

What or who is MEI?  Thank you

Usually, travel agents have a blocked set/group of set # of rooms that they are deemed to sell to give their clients the BEST price. After a certain amount of time, those rooms are released to other travel agents, if the arrangement between RCCL and vendor contract calls for it. Most likely that one room is blocked off for a certain travel agent or a current booking or a courtesy hold.