Assigned Boarding Times Emails and Text Messages

I depart on Independence next Monday.  Every day this week (this is day three of receiving these), I have received an email and a text message from Royal Caribbean with a time to board.

Here's the message I've been receiving (hyperlink to acknowledge receipt removed):

Please click here to acknowledge receipt of this message

This is an important message regarding your upcoming cruise.

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on April 18, 2016, onboard Independence of the Seas.To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we ask that you arrive to the terminal based on your assigned decks. 

• Guests on Deck 10 should arrive between 12:00 PM and 12:30 PM
  • Deck 9 & Deck 3 between 12:30 PM and 1:00 PM
  • Deck 7 between 1:00 PM and 1:30 PM
  • Deck 6 between 1:30 PM and 2:00 PM
  • Deck 8 between 2:00 PM and 2:30 PM
  • Deck 2 between 2:30 PM and 3:00 PM

We invite our Suite guests, Platinum and above Crown and Anchor members, and guests with previously scheduled transportation to arrive anytime between 11:30 AM and 3:30 PM. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Independence of the Seas.

I've never received a message from Royal for past cruises stating that I was to board at a specific time, much less one that asked me to acknowledge that I had received the message.  Is this something new that Royal is doing?  How strict are they on the check-in times?