Ships that can accommodate a family of 6 in one cabin

travelfam

I read online that some of the ships can accommodate a family of 6 in one room but when I go to the website it will not let me enter more than 4 people. Any tips/tricks on how to find out which ships can accommodate? My children are 10 and younger so we would like to stay in one room if possible. Thanks in advance!

All ships have a few cabins that can accommodate more than 4.  However, your best bet is to call Royal directly or deal with an agent as the online reservations will not allow you to put more than 4 on a reservation.  If you look on the deck plans for each ship, the ones with the "5+" symbol are the ones that can hold your family of 6.  These cabins are few and far between.  Book early, they go fast.

we have done a few cruised with our family of 5 in one room. With a young family it works good. You are looking for the Ultra Spacious rooms. Some ships have these rooms in Inside,Oceanview, & Balcony. Others only have them in Oceanview.  When i am price shopping i just put in 4 guests, then go into the pricing summary and take the expenses of guest 4 and add that number 2 more times to get your approximate total price. Figure out what works best for you then use a travel agent  to get an exact price and have them make the booking

Now that my oldest child is going to be 13 on our Oasis 2021 we are switching to 2 rooms with connecting door. We normally do the oceanview ultra spacioius and to keep the price similar on 2 rooms we have to go down to 2 inside rooms. Usually.... depends on the sailings though. My Oasis in 2021 on Thanksgiving week was a great time to make this switch because I was actually able to get 2 balcony rooms with connecting door for $500 more total than getting 1 Balcony Ultra spacious. 

Bonus- Now i can justify getting myself the drink package, since I will be the only Adult booked in one of the rooms

Sometimes it is cheaper to buy connecting rooms. You can just keep the door open... and as as added bonus, you have an extra bathroom. ? This is what I am doing on my cruise March 2021. We usually do a grand suite when I sail with my mom, but this time we are taking my 2 kids with us- doing connecting rooms. It is A LOT less! Sure, you lose the perks of the suite- but it is saving a ton of money.

If you are wanting to stay in a single room, we love the 2 br grand suites. 2 bath, 2 bedrooms (one with 2 pullmans) and a pull out sofa in the separate living room. Thay have additional 2 br options on O class too, I know. We may eventually look at connecting rooms, but we kinda like the suite perks. ?‍♀️ I n the word of Mr. Brooks, "It's good to be the king!" ?