Anthem Dynamic Dining going away?

MisterBill

There are numerous discussions on CC and FB about the rumored demise of Dynamic Dining on Anthem. Supposedly, two dining rooms will be normal early/late and the other two will be My Time Dining, and the menus will go back to being normal MDR, and formal nights will return. I thought they were April Fool's jokes until someone reported speaking to the person in charge of all of the dining rooms and getting confirmation. Still nothing official from Royal. Matt, can you try reaching out to them and get some sort of official word?

Dynamic Dining has proved to be a failure on several fronts so it makes sense to cancel it. The idea was good in some ways but when but into practice it just did not seem to work. I believe the standard dinning with MTD and other pay and non pay venues is the best model not only for the cruise line but for the passengers. These are vacations, many people do not want to think when on vacation. The rotation through several venues requires thinking. With the standard dinning the guest has a set time they can use, or go to a alternate dinning area. This seems to work best for the guest but not the ship as empty tables. Trying to turn these tables many times just puts to much on the guest and Royal has learned that.

Also I believe Royal has taken a big hit on the daily gratuities with Dynamic Dining, passengers build less a relationship with the staff and the tip levels go down. If this happens Royal needs to replace these losses or change the program so the money is flowing again. MTD only affects some passengers on the ship and also I believe results in lower tips, but the core of people are still in regular dinning so the bulk of the money still flows.

I don't mind the concept of dynamic dining, I can see why many people would like it, I just hate what it does to the dining room.

I like the look of the large room with a massive grand chandelier hanging from the celing, your traditional classic looking dining room. To me there is some things I associate with cruising that I just don't want to see go, like shuffleboard or baked alaska.

Maybe I'm just a traditionalist, who knows.

I don't mind the concept of dynamic dining, I can see why many people would like it, I just hate what it does to the dining room.

I like the look of the large room with a massive grand chandelier hanging from the celing, your traditional classic looking dining room.

Sorry to say but that ship has sailed (so to speak) and I don't see any way of fixing it on Anthem (short of some major, major work during a dry dock).