What's a UTV like?

Brobbins246

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

@Matt rented one in Bonaire last week.  You can read his blog here: 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/01/03/freedom-of-the-seas-live-blog-day-6-bonaire

Yep!  It's one of the reasons I thought about renting one of these instead of a Jeep, which was the original plan.  We want to go to the Natural Pool, but I'm starting to think a Jeep might not be enough for that.  But I also don't want to be too uncomfortable so I'm torn.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

I did this in Aruba in a 2-seater.  No helmets required.  It can get dirty and dusty when you go off-roading and even when driving out to the beaches since Aruba is a desert!  It is noisy and very windy but was totally worth it!

20200102_100805.jpg

20200102_114319.jpg

20200102_125206.jpg

20200102_120704.jpg

Did you self explore or caravan in a tour group?  I can definitely see how dusty the caravan would be, but is it similar even if you're not following others?  Maybe the front tires kick up a cloud too.

7 minutes ago, Brobbins246 said:

Did you self explore or caravan in a tour group? 

We were by ourselves, but when we were going out to the Natural Pool area where you have to have a 4x4 vehicle there were a lot of vehicles on that road so we really had no choice other than to be behind someone.  On the normal roads it wasn't too bad.  We had bandanas but didn't use them really at all.  The 4x4 trails in the national park are a lot of fun and if you are adventurous definitely check them out.  Some folks got to them and were heistant because they are really rough even in the off road vehicles!  And if you go out to the caves make sure you have your phone at least to use for a flashlight!  We didn't even make it to the north side of the island since we were having so much fun on the offroading trails.