Jewel of the seas refurbishment

We are sailing on the Jewel as it comes out of dry dock B2B April 24(4 day), and 28(15 day T/A) out of Ft. Lauderdale. Have been doing some reading about the changes. Adding Izumi where the Seaview Cafe is now(ala Serenade). Refurbing Chops, refurbing Portofino's and renaming Giovani's. Making the current Concierge Lounge into a family oceanview cabin # 1054(I think suite). Whacking off a chunk of the Viking Crown Lounge to make the new CL. I think they are adding about 10 balcony cabins on deck 11, forward starboard, cutting out a chunk of the spa. I would assume some other minor sprucing up, could be a few other things, but those stuck out.

Will be happy to report back, we're going to get a good long look at the changes including the new CL.

Thanks guys. Booked this cruise for 2 reasons.

1. Always wanted to go to Santorini

2. Due to the refurb I thought it would be good to go on a ship that is as new and with new features.

I think that's some good logic for picking Jewel. Whenever there is a newly refurbished ship, I always prioritize that because the changes are usually a good thing.

• 6 months later...