Anyone have Hugo as their Genie?

We are 9 days out from our Oasis B2B- so excited! SC first week in the new Ultimate Panoramic Suite, second week in Grand Suite (so far, waiting on Royal Up results). Has anyone had Hugo as their Genie before? Would also appreciate some advice on tipping the genie considering we are only 2. Our last Star experience we had 6 of us, so our scale (and our requests) were quite different as our party included 2 young adults and one pregnant lady! And yes, once you go Star Class, it's hard to go back. My rationalizing skills are becoming finely honed- so says hubby. I have no idea what he is talking about. ?

Congratulations on the UPS.  I am watching carefully.  Very interested in seeing real-time pix of this suite and seeing how you feel about being all the way forward.  Fingers crossed for your upgrade for the second leg.  They have had quite a turnover in Genies on Oasis.  It's only been 3 weeks since we disembarked and I think most of the Genies have changed !!  Ignore your husband's blabbering.  Mine is the same way.  Best just to tune them out.

??

15 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Congratulations on the UPS.  I am watching carefully.  Very interested in seeing real-time pix of this suite and seeing how you feel about being all the way forward.  Fingers crossed for your upgrade for the second leg.  They have had quite a turnover in Genies on Oasis.  It's only been 3 weeks since we disembarked and I think most of the Genies have changed !!  Ignore your husband's blabbering.  Mine is the same way.  Best just to tune them out.

??

Thanks! We were shocked that we "won" the bid, that's for sure. Especially since we were notified 2 weeks out. I'm not worried about the forward location as much as I am about the no balcony aspect. We are going to ensure that we have comfortable chairs and a table big enough to eat at in the bedroom corner so we can take full advantage of the gorgeous views. I'll try to post pictures, although I'm not a professional like Twangster! 

33 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

He’s newer. Not much info about him at all. But if it’s any help, he is on board with three very experienced Genies (Izzy, Smitha, and Allan F.) so they are a pretty solid crew. 

I would love to hear feedback on the ultimate panoramic suite!

Thanks, I haven't been able to find any info on him either. But we have had Allan F. before, so he will be a familiar face. Fingers crossed that we love this suite. It was certainly worth the gamble on bidding to get to try this very unique and limited experience. 

2 hours ago, Salty Law Dog said:

Thanks, I haven't been able to find any info on him either. But we have had Allan F. before, so he will be a familiar face. Fingers crossed that we love this suite. It was certainly worth the gamble on bidding to get to try this very unique and limited experience. 

I must have missed your posts before...so you ended up with this suite from a Royal Up bid?  If so, that's awesome!  Congrats!

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I must have missed your posts before...so you ended up with this suite from a Royal Up bid?  If so, that's awesome!  Congrats!

Yes, we did, and we just found out today that we also won the bid for our second week, in the same UPS. I'm sure that will never happen again, so we will enjoy both weeks to the fullest! We loved our SC experience in May on Harmony in the 2BR ATS, and never thought we'd do it again so soon. We may be in trouble....?

1 hour ago, Salty Law Dog said:

Yes, we did, and we just found out today that we also won the bid for our second week, in the same UPS. I'm sure that will never happen again, so we will enjoy both weeks to the fullest! We loved our SC experience in May on Harmony in the 2BR ATS, and never thought we'd do it again so soon. We may be in trouble....?

Wow!! That is simply awesome!! Can’t wait to see what you think. I have heard no feedback yet on those new suites.

2 minutes ago, 23merrimack said:

Sailing feb 8 on sos in star class 2bedroom aqua theatre wondering some requests you had of the genie

First, read as many of these posts about Star Class as you can. I particularly recommend Lovetocruise 2002' s I Dream of Genie blog. I found it incredibly helpful to prepare for our first Star Class experience. There were so many things I didn't know were included, and even more that I wouldn't have thought to ask for....but they are, and we did! We had 6 of us, with varied tastes, desires etc., and our genie managed every one. Many perks are obvious, order in meals, desserts, snacks, drinks etc. These are the easy ones. Others are more obscure, made to order Starbucks delivered to the room every morning at an appointed time, ordering a side dish from one restaurant while you are dining in a different one (picky daughter), having your cocktail delivered as soon as you sit down for a show, booking various classes that usually cost extra- (I'm looking at you cupcake class), Escape Room, etc., arranging for a convenient time to meet with the Next Cruise planner so you don't have to wait in line- just to name a few. The best part of the ATS? Watching the aqua show from your balcony with your favorite snacks that were delivered to the room. It was beyond amazing. The laundry is an awesome perk, even more so, the pressing service! Hubby didn't have to spend hours ironing his shirts before we left (I do not iron, period). Just make a pile and send them out and presto! they come back ready to wear. Don't be afraid to say no to your genie, whether you don't like the time or restaurant he/she booked for you, or don't really want to do a particular activity. It's your vacation, they are there to facilitate, not dictate. I felt sometimes that we crammed too much in because we wanted to maximize the benefits, but lost some of the best part of cruising that we like, for instance finding a quiet place and reading for pleasure. On our upcoming cruise we will have 2 weeks in Star Class, so we'll try to do it a bit differently this time. Communication with your genie is paramount. If something isn't going well, or not to your liking, say something right away, they will do everything possible to fix whatever it is. If they don't know, they can't do anything. We had issues with charges appearing that we feel shouldn't have been there, and our genie fixed these promptly. As others have said, don't worry so much if you don't hear too much before you get on board, you will be their focus as soon as you arrive. I hope this helps! I'll add more after we get off our Jan 5-19 Oasis Star Class cruise (or during if I can figure out how to do it!) ?

40 minutes ago, Salty Law Dog said:

First, read as many of these posts about Star Class as you can. I particularly recommend Lovetocruise 2002' s I Dream of Genie blog. I found it incredibly helpful to prepare for our first Star Class experience. There were so many things I didn't know were included, and even more that I wouldn't have thought to ask for....but they are, and we did! We had 6 of us, with varied tastes, desires etc., and our genie managed every one. Many perks are obvious, order in meals, desserts, snacks, drinks etc. These are the easy ones. Others are more obscure, made to order Starbucks delivered to the room every morning at an appointed time, ordering a side dish from one restaurant while you are dining in a different one (picky daughter), having your cocktail delivered as soon as you sit down for a show, booking various classes that usually cost extra- (I'm looking at you cupcake class), Escape Room, etc., arranging for a convenient time to meet with the Next Cruise planner so you don't have to wait in line- just to name a few. The best part of the ATS? Watching the aqua show from your balcony with your favorite snacks that were delivered to the room. It was beyond amazing. The laundry is an awesome perk, even more so, the pressing service! Hubby didn't have to spend hours ironing his shirts before we left (I do not iron, period). Just make a pile and send them out and presto! they come back ready to wear. Don't be afraid to say no to your genie, whether you don't like the time or restaurant he/she booked for you, or don't really want to do a particular activity. It's your vacation, they are there to facilitate, not dictate. I felt sometimes that we crammed too much in because we wanted to maximize the benefits, but lost some of the best part of cruising that we like, for instance finding a quiet place and reading for pleasure. On our upcoming cruise we will have 2 weeks in Star Class, so we'll try to do it a bit differently this time. Communication with your genie is paramount. If something isn't going well, or not to your liking, say something right away, they will do everything possible to fix whatever it is. If they don't know, they can't do anything. We had issues with charges appearing that we feel shouldn't have been there, and our genie fixed these promptly. As others have said, don't worry so much if you don't hear too much before you get on board, you will be their focus as soon as you arrive. I hope this helps! I'll add more after we get off our Jan 5-19 Oasis Star Class cruise (or during if I can figure out how to do it!) ?