Enchantment of the Seas: First Timers

sushifran

Hi all! This is my family's first time cruising. I had a few questions:

1. Is the cabin temperature tolerable? We'll be in interior rooms, and prefer to have chillier room temps.
  2. On port days, are there still activities to do on the ship, and do they serve normal meals? Mom prefers to stay on the ship during one of the port days because the rest of the family will be doing a lot of walking. Don't want her getting too bored or starving hehe.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, sushifran said:

Hi all! This is my family's first time cruising. I had a few questions:

1. Is the cabin temperature tolerable? We'll be in interior rooms, and prefer to have chillier room temps.
  2. On port days, are there still activities to do on the ship, and do they serve normal meals? Mom prefers to stay on the ship during one of the port days because the rest of the family will be doing a lot of walking. Don't want her getting too bored or starving hehe.

Thanks!

Temperatures are tolerable, but they vary.  On our most recent cruises (different ships), we adjusted the thermostat periodically. 

15 hours ago, sushifran said:

the cabin temperature tolerable? We'll be in interior rooms, and prefer to have chillier room temps.

Yes. I like keeping my stateroom as cold as possible, and my wife complains I keep it like an igloo in there.

15 hours ago, sushifran said:

On port days, are there still activities to do on the ship, and do they serve normal meals?

Yes and yes. I'd advise you to read a past Cruise Compass to get an idea of activities and offerings during port days. We keep an archive of past Cruise Compasses here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass

We were recently on Vision of the Seas and had an interior room on deck 7.

We had the thermostat turned all the way down and were very thankful we brought a small usb fan for sleeping at night.  It wasn't intolerably hot, but without the fan, it would have been borderline too warm.

I like Enchantment.  Its a smaller ship but they're never small the first time you lay eyes on them when you get to the port!   After 12 or so cruises over 13 years I'm still amazed at the sheer size of the ships when you arrive.  Maybe watch a youtube video review/walkaround of the ship to get a little familiar but yes on port days there are things to do on the ship and plenty to eat.  In fact its probably not a bad time to do things on the ship because most people get off and go exploring at the port.

As far as the room temp I like it cold but my wife is always cold.   You can adjust the thermostat to a level you all agree on.  We fortunately have never had a hot cabin.