Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Cococay - Cat 5..


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

Agreed. I think there’s nothing wrong with a reminder of the devastation that families and communities are suffering from right now, but it’s also possible to be concerned about multiple things at the same time. Worrying and wondering about vacation plans isn’t mutually exclusive from being concerned about the effect this storm has on people both in the United States and abroad. I appreciate that for the most part this board is keeping things positive and not jumping at throats as much as CC. Who needs that much negativity??? Too stressful.   

CC is a cesspool of hate at times. I remember saying I split a drink with my 4 year old son when I had the drink package but he didn't and they made it that i was Hitler and I am the reason Royal Caribbean is gonna go out business. Shared a drink with a 4 YEAR OLD! They had an absolute fit. These boards are WAY better and its Royal only and we are pretty much Royal only.

Link to post
Share on other sites

it looked to me like the "worst" of the storm was going by north of Coco ... fingers crossed they come through relatively ok. 

The north side of the island is the pier and rocky so hopefully not to much damage there, the beaches are south and east if i have my orientations right so again to the extent that damage can be limited it should be since bulk of wind/water coming from the north ...

Certainly not minimizing hoping that the staff are all safe and evacuated as well but talking about Coco since this is a Royal related board.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

CC is a cesspool of hate at times. I remember saying I split a drink with my 4 year old son when I had the drink package but he didn't and they made it that i was Hitler and I am the reason Royal Caribbean is gonna go out business. Shared a drink with a 4 YEAR OLD! They had an absolute fit. These boards are WAY better and its Royal only and we are pretty much Royal only.

HAHA!  If people think Royal is going out of business because of a shared drink package then Royal better rethink the business model!  It costs them so little for drinks!  This post made me laugh because I can see people freaking out...

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MO & LO on the go! said:

HAHA!  If people think Royal is going out of business because of a shared drink package then Royal better rethink the business model!  It costs them so little for drinks!  This post made me laugh because I can see people freaking out...

It's why we call them them the CC police. It's as if I committed a capital crime. Nasty comments. I'm sorry but I'm not buying a soda package for a 4 year old. Now he is 6 and we are on Anthem next month and I did get him a soda package which I'm still questioning. I got it for him and my wife. I am drinking free water this cruise. I have lost 73 pounds and have up all soda and only drink water. I'm gonna bring 10 bottles of water, carry them on and then drink ship water the rest of the way. 

It's gonna be nice to cruise and not be fat! Just as a side note. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

it looked to me like the "worst" of the storm was going by north of Coco ... fingers crossed they come through relatively ok. 

The north side of the island is the pier and rocky so hopefully not to much damage there, the beaches are south and east if i have my orientations right so again to the extent that damage can be limited it should be since bulk of wind/water coming from the north ...

Certainly not minimizing hoping that the staff are all safe and evacuated as well but talking about Coco since this is a Royal related board.

I dug up an old thread and somebody mentioned that coco has their own power plant? I wonder of that will speed up the repair process as it is a small area compared to surrounding islands. After a multi million dollar makeover I'm sure RC had hurricanes in mind while constructing all of the structures. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Priss said:

 

 

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:20 AM, WannaCruise said:

All very scary.  They did evacuate most people who live on CoCo Cay (someone on Royal told us that a few stayed for security, but not sure if this is true).

Even when the storm passes and if everything "looks" ok, they would still need to do very thorough checks to ensure that slides, etc are safe.  Can't see it opening again on the 4th.

I also read that the coast guard has shut down port Canaveral. I wonder what will happen to the ships out at sea that have already been extended.I would be ready to get home now. Maybe they will port in Tampa?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

CC is a cesspool of hate at times. I remember saying I split a drink with my 4 year old son when I had the drink package but he didn't and they made it that i was Hitler and I am the reason Royal Caribbean is gonna go out business. Shared a drink with a 4 YEAR OLD! They had an absolute fit. These boards are WAY better and its Royal only and we are pretty much Royal only.

Omg I noticed the same thing! People calling it down right theft and saying it's the reason for high drink prices. Very judgemental members. My husband and I have the drink package my 4 year old does not. I plan on letting her get flavored water from the machines and the occasional shirley temple / mocktail etc ( within reason). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Priss said:

I"m in the same boat, no pun intended.  There are 6 of us sailing with birth certificates only.....I don't think they will let us off the ship 😞

 

They will let you on and off the ship with just birth certificates ....... BUT if you miss the ship and are left in another country, you’ll have to go to the US Consulate there and prove who you are to get a passport before you can get a flight off wherever you are stranded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

CC is a cesspool of hate at times. I remember saying I split a drink with my 4 year old son when I had the drink package but he didn't and they made it that i was Hitler and I am the reason Royal Caribbean is gonna go out business. Shared a drink with a 4 YEAR OLD! They had an absolute fit. These boards are WAY better and its Royal only and we are pretty much Royal only.

 

I didn’t know that wasn’t allowed for a child.  Every cruise I’ve been on, I’ve only showed my Sea Pass card with DBP and have ordered both an alcohol drink for myself and a “mocktail” for our 7 year old at the same time with just my card  ........ they’ve always served me both drinks at the same time and never charged me for his or asked for another sea pass card and we’ve never bought a drink package for our son since he only drinks water otherwise.  I just assumed when both parents in the room had a DBP, that they must let you get free drinks for your kids

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, KeKe said:

 

I also read that the coast guard has shut down port Canaveral. I wonder what will happen to the ships out at sea that have already been extended.I would be ready to get home now. Maybe they will port in Tampa?

Tampa has major restrictions on the size of ship that can get under the Skyway Bridge into Tampa Bay

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.kcra.com/article/disney-defends-decision-to-keep-workers-on-its-private-island-in-bahamas-during-dorian/28888018

 

Disney’s island was closer to Dorian than Cococay and Disney claims their island never got more than a few hours of tropical storm force winds and is just fine ........ so I’m guessing Cococay is also totally fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cdixon22 said:

Awesome - thanks....Hopefully the employees came thru just as well.  So ready for this storm to go away.

Yeah I've been on vacation this whole week and it's consumed my life the whole time. I just want it to be over with and go away now. I basically watched it grow from a little nothing storm to one of the worst in history. Tired of it now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jdfmn said:

Did anyone else notice that James Van Fleet post on Twitter if the Cococay pictures has been deleted?  No where on his Twitter does it show those pics any longer?  I wonder what is up with that?  

I just read a post from RCCL that said they can’t tell if there is damage or not and will be sending a team to investigate on Wednesday with hopes to open Saturday.  With all the negative nellies out there, maybe they are being extra cautious until they hear from the employees that work there too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

It's why we call them them the CC police. It's as if I committed a capital crime. Nasty comments. I'm sorry but I'm not buying a soda package for a 4 year old. Now he is 6 and we are on Anthem next month and I did get him a soda package which I'm still questioning. I got it for him and my wife. I am drinking free water this cruise. I have lost 73 pounds and have up all soda and only drink water. I'm gonna bring 10 bottles of water, carry them on and then drink ship water the rest of the way. 

It's gonna be nice to cruise and not be fat! Just as a side note. 🤣

You are right not to buy a package for a child that young, it is bad for their health all that sugar.  Buy the the odd drink with dinner or lunch or share a sip.  Better for them.  Milk water or juice is fine.

 

Been a member of CC since 2002 and yeah gets a little rough at times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw on CC that James Van Fleet (or whoever the RCI meterologist is) posted a few pics from Coco Cay, showing it pretty much intact (well t he tower, the take off pad for the Balloon etc).  Since been removed

 

I am sure they will have damage to some of the smaller buildings and certainly landscaping esp those new taller trees just planted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...