Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

MDR menus Explorer Nov 19


Recommended Posts

We are on i think the first sailing for Explorer back on t he caribbean circuit from Miami.  So wont be cruise planners or menus anywhere for that.  What ships should i look at, and where are their MDR menus posted?  Trying to plan my specialty dining.  plus show times, need to plan around those as am on my time dining for the first time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, amanx said:

We are on i think the first sailing for Explorer back on t he caribbean circuit from Miami.  So wont be cruise planners or menus anywhere for that.  What ships should i look at, and where are their MDR menus posted?  Trying to plan my specialty dining.  plus show times, need to plan around those as am on my time dining for the first time.

Last year Navigator did the itineraries Explorer is doing this year. I did the 9-night ABC itinerary and participated in a joint live thread in which I and the other person posted menus and compasses. I will PM you the link as it was done on a different forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, amanx said:

I read your thread.  Helpful in many cases but i am on a 5 night so not sure which MDR menus i should be looking at as you were on a 9 night,.

 

I am sure the second formal night menu with lobster is out 😉
 

The same menu order is not always followed, even week by week on the same ship.  We were on a 12 night last fall and there are 10 different menus, so we had repeats two nights.  You could get any combination of those 10.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amanx said:

ok thanks.  When will we know?  Can we see the menus for each day on the ship embarcation day?  WQe will go there to book MT dining then.

 

Trying to figure out which night to book specialty dining. we will eat in MDR day 1/2 for sure, just trying to figure out the others.

Generally from what we've experienced they won't post the MDR menus for the next day til later in the evening the night before. On a 7 night cruise, nights 2 and 6 are usually Formal Nights with 6 lobster night if that helps.

Happy cruising!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FManke said:

Generally from what we've experienced they won't post the MDR menus for the next day til later in the evening the night before. On a 7 night cruise, nights 2 and 6 are usually Formal Nights with 6 lobster night if that helps.

Happy cruising!

On a 5 night so doesnt really help- knew there wouldnt be 2x formal.  but knowing i cant know on day one is both concerning and but at least i know.  Not that it helps at this point lol.

 

i did book a cruise after repositioning so my fault i guess.  But havent cruised since 2004 so am rusty.  Wasnt so much moving ships back and forth from europe back then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, amanx said:

On a 5 night so doesnt really help- knew there wouldnt be 2x formal.  but knowing i cant know on day one is both concerning and but at least i know.  Not that it helps at this point lol.

 

i did book a cruise after repositioning so my fault i guess.  But havent cruised since 2004 so am rusty.  Wasnt so much moving ships back and forth from europe back then.

I haven't sailed a 5 night cruise, but I know a lot of people here have and maybe somebody can give you a least a little insight as to what night is Formal night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2019 at 5:37 AM, FManke said:

Generally from what we've experienced they won't post the MDR menus for the next day til later in the evening the night before. On a 7 night cruise, nights 2 and 6 are usually Formal Nights with 6 lobster night if that helps.

Happy cruising!

On night 6 will will be docked overnight in Paris (Le Havre) France, in your option will they still have a Formal night that night?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...