Cruise Critic Cruisers' Choice Awards

So I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Royal Caribbean's showing in the Cruise Critic Awards.  I'm sailing on the Allure in April after a few Disney Cruises and I am swept up in enjoying this website and the podcasts.  (I've hit episode 70 and am pressing onward to present day in the coming weeks!)  I'm hoping to get caught up in the Loyal to Royal sensation after my cruise but I was wondering what the vetern folks around here think about Royal doing maybe just okay but not great in the cruise critic awards.  I know at the end of the day it should be all about what each individual person likes and not a popularity contest but I still would have thought they did better in some sections then they did.

Full disclosure, I haven't yet sailed RCCL (9 more days!), but I've sailed many other lines.

I find Cruise Critic's reviews to be notable, worth reviewing, but like anything else, based on the opinions of many people with many opinions.  Marina got best mid-size for dining.  Do I agree?  Actually, I agree wholeheartedly.  To see how varied things can be though, her sister ship, with the same dining options, placed 3rd.  How?  In large ships, for dining, the Disney Fantasy placed first, finishing over all the Celebrity ships - which seems surprising to me (though I still argue the Palo and Remy are fantastic experiences).  

In conclusion, it's worth reading these type of things, but remember they're based on opinions, shaped by many variables.

These awards were voted on by the readers. So essentially, a popularity contest.

Cruise Critic does another set of awards that are voted on by their staff and RC did quite well, beating DCL in a number of categories (including families and entertainment). http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/10/05/royal-caribbean-wins-big-families-entertainment-and-suites-cruise-critic-editors-pick