Expedited arrival

2 minutes ago, Linda Terry said:

I got the rc app on my phone today and checked in. Trying to understand the expedited arrival thing. So if it doesn't say that on my set sail pass I go through regular line?

There are things you can do at online check-in, like load a photo (which we don't do), and that speeds up the boarding process.  Other than that, there is the Key Program as well as Suite people who get on early, and loyalty groups board in sequence.  It really isn't a big deal if you arrive early (before 11 AM at Port Canaveral). There are separate lines based on Crown and Anchor status.  Standby for other comments from members...

5 minutes ago, Linda Terry said:

I got the rc app on my phone today and checked in. Trying to understand the expedited arrival thing. So if it doesn't say that on my set sail pass I go through regular line?

PS.  If you are giving an appointment boarding time, that isn't really enforced at Port Canaveral.  So experienced cruisers get to their embarkation port early (hours vary by port.

We had that before, they took us to an area next to the suite and sat us down, after 30 minutes they came and told us to go to our respected areas under the C&A program. This was at Port Everglades. I don't know if they have change, but it didn't mean anything in the long run for getting on the ship faster.

Expedited Arrival seems to be (as so many things are when Royal is involved) a confused mess.

I did Mariner 3 times in May/June with different groups of People.

First time ... 1 of our group had Expedited Arrival on their setsail .. dont know how they got it but they did. We were waved through the expedited line, handed a special placard that said "expedited" and sent up to the waiting area ... we then walked straight on board while all the status groups were still sitting ... we asked what triggered expedited and were told "if you check in with the app you get expedited".

Second time ... having seen the awesomness of expedited arrival .. we checked in with the app and did not get it ? Regular arrival was fine since we are diamond and went on pretty quickly anyway. Made a point of asking about the expedited trigger and got clarfied that you have to make sure your picture is good through the app.

Third time ... took and retook pictures endlessly ... no expedited ... asked the guy at the line who said "no clue, but go ahead and use the line since you tried". This time expedited boarded after status groups ... so we dumped the placards and went with the diamonds. Again sought clarity and have been told the key is that you must let the app scan your passport. 

Checking in today for my next run on Mariner ... deleted the app first ... scanned the passports ... now i just get "your setsail pass has a problem you will have to check in when you arrive" ....

???