Past final payment but price dropped

CarlaB

Hi again everyone! Question that maybe the veteran cruisers have an answer for - today we passed the final payment date on our Nov. Anthem sailing and so I can't call my TA to reprice anymore. However today I noticed the price dropped about another $200 on balcony rooms in our category. Is there anyway to get some of this back as an OBC? Should I contact my TA or call Royal directly?

Thanks in advance for your help! 

16 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Usually once you are past final payment, you cannot re-price.  However, if your balcony dropped, then other categories might have dropped too.  You could use that difference to upgrade.  

I don't see anything to upgrade to online though ?. all suites are sold-out according to their site. Would I have any luck calling them maybe or would it be a waste of time? I thought they could give you additional OBC in this case. 

Depending on dates you might still be outside the true final payment window. Most TAs have their clients pay prior to the actual date. Rough guess if your sailing is after November 17 you might be in luck.

If so, get in touch with your TA asap.

4 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Depending on dates you might still be outside the true final payment window. Most TAs have their clients pay prior to the actual date. Rough guess if your sailing is after November 17 you might be in luck.

If so, get in touch with your TA asap.

No unfortunately just passed the final payment for Royal, not the TA's final payment. So looks like I might be out of luck. I might try to call Royal to see if there's an upgrade opportunity and a room that's not listed on their site but, being Sunday, I'm sure the hold will be crazy. 

14 minutes ago, CarlaB said:

I don't see anything to upgrade to online though ?. all suites are sold-out according to their site. Would I have any luck calling them maybe or would it be a waste of time? I thought they could give you additional OBC in this case. 

If you booked through a TA then you have to call the TA.  But I would definitely give a call because Royal's site doesn't show all availability.