New to RC with a MTD question

KBugNC

Hi everyone. We are going on our first RC cruise next month and I have no idea how to work the My Time Dining. Can I pick some reservation times now or just wait each day till I get on board to make reservations? Is there a certain dining room that I am suppose to book? Thanks in advance.

Go in to the cruise planner and make the reservations that you can, if some of the times are not great adjust these when you get on board the first day, do this first. Go directly to the MDR and there will be people to help you.

The MTD restaurant is the same restaurant as the Main Dinning Room (MDR), the MDR is usually 3 floors tall, depending on the ship the MTD will either be on the bottom floor or the top floor, but it will be the same through out your cruise. 

You should be able to go into your cruise planner and see if there are any reservations available for you to book ahead that will work.  It will be under the dining tab and then you click on My Time Dining and "shop" for your reservation times like any other purchase.  It will be no charge.

You can also make reservations for every night once you get onboard.  You can make the reservations for the entire week at one time or make them daily once you know your plans.  You can also forego the reservations and just do a walk-in like a typical land reservation.  If they have immediately availability they will seat you, otherwise you will be put on a waitlist.

I guess the hours between 5:15 and 7:45 are booked or not available for MTD because I can't select them. Can I adjust this once I am on board or do we just walk in and wait. I know those are the most popular times to eat so I'm sure there will be a wait.

1 hour ago, KBugNC said:

I guess the hours between 5:15 and 7:45 are booked or not available for MTD because I can't select them. Can I adjust this once I am on board or do we just walk in and wait. I know those are the most popular times to eat so I'm sure there will be a wait.

I would go ahead and make reservations now, choosing the times available closest to what you would reserve if avaialable. Go to dining room once on board and check if any better times are available. If not you can go to the dining room and check in early or go to the no reservation line and see if you get seated any earlier. Sometimes we went early and checked in with our later reservation and were able to get seated a little earlier. On the Oasis class ships they had bars at the waiting area for the dining seating and we would grab a drink while we waited. Having said all that, getting a table for 2 as stated above is a lot different than trying to be seated for a large table the same way.