Labadee Kayaking

Hello All,

We recently booked both the zipline and the kayaking adventure but I've read some reviews basically saying that they take you to an island where people are there to just sell you stuff...

Is the kayaking good there? Can you see through the water or is it murky? Just trying to decide if we should stay in or back out...

8 hours ago, FloridaCruiseGirl1210 said:

Hello All,

We recently booked both the zipline and the kayaking adventure but I've read some reviews basically saying that they take you to an island where people are there to just sell you stuff...

Is the kayaking good there? Can you see through the water or is it murky? Just trying to decide if we should stay in or back out...

I was there 3 years ago, and the kayakers were just outside where I was snorkeling.  The water was clear at that time.  Good luck!

I did the Labadee Kayaking about 10 years ago.  Yes, we were guided out and around a corner to a small beach.  Once we were there we were ambushed by locals trying to sell us stuff.  Who knew.  We didn't bring hardly any cash and were not prepared for that.  The kayaking itself was fairly tame being in a sort of bay/cove area.  We had fun and really liked it.  The beach incident didn't bother us too much, but it was a bit uncomfortable.  Not sure if they do that anymore.  What's in the excursion description?

On 8/8/2019 at 9:38 AM, FloridaCruiseGirl1210 said:

Hello All,

Was just there in July, I didn't kayak but watched them later in the day from our balcony, they left from the side of the island that the ship is docked on and yes the water is clear. Sorry didn't see where they went.

@Cam044  Welcome to the RCB forums.  Enjoy your cruise.  I would say you and your daughter will be safe on the Kayak Adventure.

@tiny260  Yes, if you look at the picture above you can see the green growth on the left.  The route takes you out beyond that point then you turn left and the beach is just into that cove a bit.