St. Maarten/St. Martin Cash?

8 hours ago, FloridaCruiseGirl1210 said:

Hello, 

Do both sides of St. Maarten/St. Martin deal in US Dollars?

Just trying to figure out if we need different types of cash.... Or can I use cards?

Yes, I'd take some Euros for St. Martin and use $$ for St. Maarten, although credit cards are used in most gift shops.  We visited in May, and the French side was still recovering from hurricane damage -- not a pretty sight at all.   There is an ATM at the port next to a General Store which has many snacks and gift items.

1 hour ago, ChessE4 said:

Yes, I'd take some Euros for St. Martin and use $$ for St. Maarten, although credit cards are used in most gift shops.  We visited in May, and the French side was still recovering from hurricane damage -- not a pretty sight at all.   There is an ATM at the port next to a General Store which has many snacks and gift items.

Thanks. I'll check and see if the places on the french side that we are going will also take US dollars....

5 hours ago, FloridaCruiseGirl1210 said:

Thanks. I'll check and see if the places on the french side that we are going will also take US dollars....

I am guessing they would, just don't know the exchange rate.  We used $$ on the French side in 2013.