Inaugural sailings....

JasonD

Does anyone have experience with inaugural sailings? We are headed on the Harmony B2B for what I think are the pre-inaugural sailings as they are 4 night/3 night trips before she starts her regular itineraries. We ended up with 2 boardwalk balcony rooms for the 4 of us, as the price difference between that and all 4 of us in one room was something like $200 total and are really looking forward to the extra space... Would love to hear everyone's comments on inaugurals.. 

I was original booked on the Allure's maiden voyage out of FLL (which wasn't really THE maiden voyage of course...just the first out of FL) but the ship was delivered a week earlier than had been scheduled so they squeezed a cruise in prior to the one we were on.  They did ask us if we wanted to cruise a week early - to be on the "maiden" voyage, but we had already made all of the arrangements so we stuck with week #2.

I was fearful that there would still be some "issues", being a brand new ship, but honestly, I cannot say that there were any.  That cruise was my first Oasis class cruise and I am still completely amazed at how different it felt from any of the other cruises I had been on.  It IS a very different experience, but unlike some of my fellow bloggers on this site, the ship is my destination, not the ports of call, so I will ALMOST always choose the ship over the itinerary, which is secondary to me.

Raye, for me Ship is also my destination, If you have seen one Caribbean Island you have seen them all in my opinion.. Even my Canada New England cruise which I do care about ports I made sure is on Anthem because I loved Quantum last year and to me the ship is awesome

Jason- I have done quite a few - sometimes there are glitches with the staff they are training

on the ships so that is some of the things they are trying to work out - and they also may

not totally be done with the ship itself and paint or woodwork, little things that you may

not notice but that the crew has to handle -

You will often see Engineers and audio or media a lot on these as well going over the

last minute things and taking pictures for trade or for RCI so areas may be closed

off at times to you to go into - they try and keep this at a minimum and will not

post when or where they are doing things so its kind of a surprise etc

BUT you get the best of the best cause often these are not full

ENJOY and post back for sure

Jason- I have done quite a few - sometimes there are glitches with the staff they are training

on the ships so that is some of the things they are trying to work out - and they also may

not totally be done with the ship itself and paint or woodwork, little things that you may

not notice but that the crew has to handle -

You will often see Engineers and audio or media a lot on these as well going over the

last minute things and taking pictures for trade or for RCI so areas may be closed

off at times to you to go into - they try and keep this at a minimum and will not

post when or where they are doing things so its kind of a surprise etc

BUT you get the best of the best cause often these are not full

ENJOY and post back for sure

Michelle,

Have you ever found that while they were working out the kinks they offered free/reduced priced things like drinks/specialty dining etc? Did they have the full entertainment offering? Interested to see how it truly differs from a standard sailing.

Jason- no, I have never seen a discount offered on drinks etc during a first sailing

They might do this if there are big glitches but most of the time people know its

the first sailing and know there may still be maintenance issues going on so

just expect it sometimes.