Flight question

BB1

I usually cruise off season. I'm looking at a cruise that leaves Wednesday the day before Thanksgiving and

returns Monday after Thanksgiving. I could fly out Tuesday afternoon and fly home the Monday the ship returns.

I know this is a very busy travel period and so I am very reluctant to book it. I would be coming from Phoenix and sailing

out of Galveston. Any advice would be appreciated.

I've often been stuck flying for business the Monday after the Thanksgiving weekend.  The only thing I'd suggest is more time for security.  When the bulk of people aren't frequent fliers the security process slows down.  Who knew you couldn't bring a jug of laundry detergent on the plane?

Other than that the planes fly on time no different from any other day.  It's not like they wait for people for get stuck in long security lines.

Tuesday prior is often starting to pick up but not yet peak.  Wednesday prior is typically the busiest outbound day and Sunday after the busiest return day.  

If parking at the airport you might make a reservation somewhere you can (or take Uber).  Nothing worse than driving to the airport and spending an hour searching for a lot with availability.

On the plus side no snow storms in those 2 cities.  And if you want to speed up the process at the airport or docks  get Global Entry ( $100) or T.S.A.  precheck ($85) which you have.  If you will travel overseas it is so worth the extra $15.  And it is good for 5 years.  We love it and it was money well spent.  That is just our opinion. Any day is a good day to fly to get on a cruise ship.  This might sound crazy but we like to catch flights between 5 and 6 a.m. No highway traffic or long lines at the airports either. Booking the early flight helps with the fact should any glitches develop you have alternate options.  Living near Knoxville,TN. does not allow you many options. Now Phoenix on the other hand gives you many options.  And who knows they might even serve Turducken on Thanksgiving.  Enjoy the cruise.