Travel agent vs RC direct

We book our first cruise through RC, talking on the phone for over an hour and a half, this was our first time so we had a lot of questions.

I am curious, for our next cruise, can we get a better deal going through a travel agent or can we do just as good booking it through the web site?

Thanks!

Ralph

Travel agents get the same prices as you will find going through Royal directly and you get all the same perks as booking directly.  However, a travel agent can also provide their own perks in addition, so it can be an better deal than booking direct.  Usually it will be some onboard credit or a free specialty meal, but sometimes the travel agency will throw in prepaid gratuities which is a good savings right there.

If your current booking is for more than 90 days out you can transfer the booking to a travel agent now and possibly still get some extra travel agent perks.

Agree 100% with@AshleyDillo .  Also, an agent can help with other arrangements, like recommending hotels near your port of departure or sharing reviews from other travelers.  When you think about travel insurance, an agent can explain the pros and cons between using the cruise carrier or an independent firm.  For example, RCI's default option is good for luggage but weak on medical coverage, which makes another insurance company a bit better for us older folks.

If you have a decent travel agent you will always get a better deal since the travel agent gets the same prices and perks from royal and then should layer on additional perks. Downside is you lose the control over the booking since all changes now have to go back and forth through the agent.

Personally i would prefer to keep control but my math says i have saved about 6-7% on every cruise by using a travel agent ... multiplied by close to 30 cruises at this point and thats basically buy 28 get 2 more free ...