New to RCCL.....questions!

Klassifyed

Ok.....I have read up to page 14....I hate to ask questions that have already been answered. Having said that, I didn't see these. Humor me a bit?

What is C & A (I think)....and how does one get it?

How many cruises does it take to reach platinum?

Could one realistically eat in the MDR for every dinner, or would one get bored? Are the specialties expensive?

What is VOOM?

What is Dynamic Dining?

Is it VERY risky to sail with just my BC? I couldnt apply for a pp until february, but expecting to book a last minute cruise last week of march. Not much turn around time there.

TIA

Ok.....I have read up to page 14....I hate to ask questions that have already been answered. Having said that, I didn't see these. Humor me a bit?

What is C & A (I think)....and how does one get it?

How many cruises does it take to reach platinum?

Could one realistically eat in the MDR for every dinner, or would one get bored? Are the specialties expensive?

What is VOOM?

What is Dynamic Dining?

Is it VERY risky to sail with just my BC? I couldnt apply for a pp until february, but expecting to book a last minute cruise last week of march. Not much turn around time there.

C&A = Crown and Anchor Society.  It is Royal Caribbean's customer loyalty program.  You can register for it at any time (used to be only after your first cruise, but not anymore).

You reach Platinum after 30 nights of cruises.  So 10 3-night cruises, 5 7-night cruises, etc. Level information: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Yes you can eat in MDR every night because there are 7 different menus that Royal Caribbean uses.

Specialty restaurant pricing varies greatly. Johnny Rockets is just $6.95 per person while some experiences are almost $100 per person. Totally up to you.

Voom is RC's high speed internet: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/07/08/royal-caribbean-high-speed-voom-internet-everything-you-need-know

Dynamic Dining is a different approach to dining available only on Quantum class ships. Essentially, there is no MDR but instead guests dine at smaller complimentary or specialty restaurants.

The risk with cruising with a birth certificate is if you get stuck outside the USA, you will have a very difficult time getting back into the country.  You will have to go to the consulate and apply for a visa and jump through a lot of hoops. If you have a passport, you can fly home that day with no problem.

You may be able to get the passport back in time, but this year, passports are going to take longer
also - like WAAYTOOO says very important to have your original birth certificate out now and

available - but if you mailed it away with your passport, then you could be in trouble.

I have 3 copies of my birth certificate in files just for these kinds of things - that could

go wrong

And I have had to get a passports 48 hours before a sailing cause I could not locate

mine or my birth certificate 2 days before sailing.  $575 later, I had a passport

RULE OF THUMB - when you pay your final payment on a cruise - look for your passport

or birth certificate right then and make sure they 1) can be found 2) are up to date