Dress code for teens

andy

My children and I are booked on our first cruise next month on Symphony of the Seas. My daughter will be 16 and my son is 14, so we are wondering what would be seen as acceptable for them to wear at mealtimes. Thanks in advance.

The dress code applies to all guests, regardless of age. Keep in mind it only applies to the main dining room and for dinner only.

That being said, it's a guideline and very loosely enforced. Please do not read "formal night" and assume your teens need to wear something reserved for prom.

So he could wear a polo shirt and khakis, while your daughter could wear a sun dress or blouse/skirt. 

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

The dress code applies to all guests, regardless of age. Keep in mind it only applies to the main dining room and for dinner only.

That being said, it's a guideline and very loosely enforced. Please do not read "formal night" and assume your teens need to wear something reserved for prom.

So he could wear a polo shirt and khakis, while your daughter could wear a sun dress or blouse/skirt. 

My teens did exactly this.  I think my son wore jeans on a couple casual nights.  On formal night, he stayed with khakis and a button down shirt but my girl teens had a blast dressing up big-time.  

Like Matt said, this is only mdr seatings and my time.  My son still wore khakis to the specially but he wouldn't have had to.  Also, my teens decided at least one night that they were done with big meals and they ate at windjammer without us (and my husband and I had date night).  On the next cruise, my daughter was always meeting friends during the 8pm seating and so we'd keep her company at the windjammer earlier and then go eat at the mdr.  Jane

1 hour ago, andy said:

My children and I are booked on our first cruise next month on Symphony of the Seas. My daughter will be 16 and my son is 14, so we are wondering what would be seen as acceptable for them to wear at mealtimes. Thanks in advance.

PS.  I should add that at 16, my son was very interested in the ship's teen club.  He spent most of the day with them (unless we had excursions in port), so what they wore influenced his dress code, except for long pants at dinner.