Early seating full rather early

cruising diva

In October, I booked a 10-day cruise on Serenade of the Seas for December 2, 2016.  I was surprised to be told that the early seating for dinner had no available space, even for 2 people!!  Late seating is not an option, so I will continue to check back for a possible opening.  If not, I guess we are stuck with My Time Dining, which has been a disaster for us on prior cruises.  Not happy at this point!

In October, I booked a 10-day cruise on Serenade of the Seas for December 2, 2016.  I was surprised to be told that the early seating for dinner had no available space, even for 2 people!!  Late seating is not an option, so I will continue to check back for a possible opening.  If not, I guess we are stuck with My Time Dining, which has been a disaster for us on prior cruises.  Not happy at this point!

I just got off the Liberty last week and MTD worked well.  I'd recommend making a reservation for your preferred dining time and that way you'll be ensured the same table and wait staff every night.  In addition, once you board, go the the MDR and very likely you'll be able to switch into traditional dining.

I have run into this many times, but not to worry.  Ask your travel agent or call RC and asked to be put on the waitlist.  The waitlist usually comes through.

If that doesnt work, on embarkation day go to the MDR and speak to head chef to be changed.  

Between both those strategies, I have never had a problem getting the dining rotation I want.

• 1 month later...