Summer Sailing From Cape Liberty

mbk999

I know it's very subjective (depending on weather and individually susceptibility to motion sickness) but what have been your experiences sailing from Cape Liberty to the Bahamas in the summer?  Fairly smooth or rocky?   We are looking at going on the Oasis once she moves up there but we've always been leery about the seas  on the way down (more so for my better half).  With the OTS within an easy drive, it's hard to pass up.  

1 minute ago, mbk999 said:

I know it's very subjective (depending on weather and individually susceptibility to motion sickness) but what have been your experiences sailing from Cape Liberty to the Bahamas in the summer?  Fairly smooth or rocky?   We are looking at going on the Oasis once she moves up there but we've always been leery about the seas  on the way down (more so for my better half).  With the OTS within an easy drive, it's hard to pass up.  

I’ve taking 3 cruises out of Cape Liberty, only one was bad getting out but we had bad storms for about a week leading up to that cruise. While it’s not as smooth as leaving from Florida we haven’t had much issue.

10 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I’ve taking 3 cruises out of Cape Liberty, only one was bad getting out but we had bad storms for about a week leading up to that cruise. While it’s not as smooth as leaving from Florida we haven’t had much issue.

Thanks.  I'm hoping the combo of the bigger ship and summer will mitigate some of the extra motion.  

16 minutes ago, mbk999 said:

I am looking at Oasis next year.

11 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

We sailed out on the Anthem and the only problem we had was the last night coming back as we skirted a hurricane.  

9 hours ago, Pen said:

We went to Bermuda in May last year, and it was super smooth.  

Thanks for the feedback.