Lost item

Sorry for your loss.  Good luck on trying to get the item back.  The wife forgot to check one drawer on our cruise earlier this year and contacted Royal the next day.  Nothing was ever found.  No surprise there.  Also their is a department that you contact and its only by email.  How she overlooked it is beyond us as we check everywhere after each cruise.  But it happened.  It happens more than you can ever imagine.    And not just on cruise ships.  

A couple of years ago on Grandeur we found the entire dresser drawers full of the last occupants' underthings.  Not only does it show that the last tenants were either in a huge hurry or just not very good (or experienced) packers but it also showed that the room attendant didn't do his/her job in prepping the room for the next occupant.

While I can so sympathize with you over the loss of a dear belonging, I would not hold out hope of recovering it, unfortunately.  I feel sure that there is a "procedure" for things left behind but I don't know how effective it really is.  The NAV lost an entire suitcase of ours which was never recovered.  Of course, there's always the possibility that it was taken by accident or not by accident.

Good luck !

If you find it encouraging, I left an IPAD mini in my stateroom on one cruise.  Notified the lost and found office immediately (remember it is located ashore).  They coordinated with the ship, I was able to tell them exactly where in the stateroom I left it.  No update until the ship docked the following week, then they notified me.  So hold out until the ship comes back from their current voyage. 

I did have to provide credit card information to have the item sent back to me....and within a week that card had fraudulent activity on it in the Miami area.  So beware.

Good luck