Cruise Planner Question

Hello all, Let me start by saying this blog is an amazing resource. I find myself visiting it daily! I was wondering if anyone could tell me how far in advance Royal Caribbean allows for you to purchase drink packages, make show reservations, etc. within Cruise Planner? I have booked a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise on Harmony in April of 2020. I know it is a long way off but I like to plan way in advance and take advantage of reduced rates. When I log into Cruise Planner I am able to book shore excursions but unable to do anything else in the system. Is this common? Is there a specific number of days before the departure date when they open these other options? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Welcome Copteacher !  Thank you for everything you do....

It's hard to really pinpoint when those options will become available.  They tend to wait to post prices for the following years' cruises until much closer to the first of the year.  As a GENERAL rule, most of the pre-purchase (and pre-reserve) options become available ABOUT 90-120 days out.  Some come out much sooner some come out much later.  I wish there was a way to know but there just isn't.  Keep checking...but start expecting to see some of those options become available at about 120-90 days.

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a related question. My cruise is only about 6 weeks away (just booked it 2 days ago). In the cruise planner, under 'Entertainment and Activities', there are things like tours, classes, lessons, escape room...but I don't see any shows listed. Are the shows normally not released yet, or are they somewhere else I'm just not seeing them? 

3 minutes ago, Joe Stahl said:

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a related question. My cruise is only about 6 weeks away (just booked it 2 days ago). In the cruise planner, under 'Entertainment and Activities', there are things like tours, classes, lessons, escape room...but I don't see any shows listed. Are the shows normally not released yet, or are they somewhere else I'm just not seeing them? 

What ship are you sailing on ?  Only the Quantum class and Oasis class ships actually take reservations for performances....so unless you're on one of the "big" ships you won't see any opportunity to reserve a show.

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

What ship are you sailing on ?  Only the Quantum class and Oasis class ships actually take reservations for performances....so unless you're on one of the "big" ships you won't see any opportunity to reserve a show.

We're on the Navigator of the Seas. New to cruising, so have no idea of the class of ships. Do the ones that don't allow you to reserve for performances at least let you know what performances will be available, or do you have to wait until you're on the ship?

2 hours ago, Joe Stahl said:

We're on the Navigator of the Seas. New to cruising, so have no idea of the class of ships. Do the ones that don't allow you to reserve for performances at least let you know what performances will be available, or do you have to wait until you're on the ship?

No advanced reservations on Navigator and frankly, it's not necessary. Just show up at least 10-15 minutes ahead of time.