Just back from the Freedom, thanks for all the tips!

Chaitali

Welcome back!

Glad to hear you had a good time and are already looking forward to the next one!

Tell us about your Freedom of the Seas cruise.  Which restaurants did you like? Any favorite activities?

Let's see... we had dinner at Sabor the first night with the discount and dinner at Giovanni's a later night since we had a voucher from our travel agent.  We really enjoyed both.  I'm a vegetarian and the waiter at Sabor and they made an off the menu vegetarian burrito for me that was really good.  But to be honest, I also thought the main dining room was great.  We had a wonderful serving team. I wasn't a giant fan of the Windjammer though. The sandwiches and pastries in the Cafe made for surprisingly good mid-afternoon snacks :)

We really liked the trivia and various games they played in the afternoons.  It was a fun way to meet other people.  I wasn't sure what the Quest was going to be about but I've heard in multiple places we had to check it out and my stomach hurt from laughing so hard!  The ice show was amazing. One evening we decided to watch the movie they were playing by the pool deck.  It seemed weird to just watch a movie on vacation when we could do that anywhere but I loved the feeling of watching it outside under the stars. I also enjoyed the dance parties they had on the pool deck a couple nights.  We are early risers so we tended to go to the pool early, which was nice since it wasn't too crowded at that point.  It was too crowded for us by afternoons on sea days so we generally headed back inside at that point.

Sounds like you had a good time on a awesome ship, can't beat that.

Glad to see they were able to accommodate your diet, many vegetarians worry about that. Iv read that they do try and make special meals for people if asked, I guess it's true.

I agree about the games, I really enjoy them too. I kinda wish they would do more 'game shows' and less song and dance shows. But that's just me, a little bit of everything for everyone I guess.

Also agree about the movies outside. I would never normally watch a movie on vacation but there's something about relaxing on the pool deck that makes it worth while.

Speaking of movies, do they still have the small theaters on some of the ships or have they been removed during renovations ? I know the Jewel had one on our TA a few years back and I believe that the Freedom class ships had one up front on deck 2 or 3. On the longer cruises I often enjoyed going to see a movie on sea days. You never see them advertised though...they are rarely even on the deck plans which makes me think that maybe they've been removing them during renovations to make room for something else.

Speaking of movies, do they still have the small theaters on some of the ships or have they been removed during renovations ? I know the Jewel had one on our TA a few years back and I believe that the Freedom class ships had one up front on deck 2 or 3. On the longer cruises I often enjoyed going to see a movie on sea days. You never see them advertised though...they are rarely even on the deck plans which makes me think that maybe they've been removing them during renovations to make room for something else.

I know the Radiance class still has them. We enjoyed it on the Jewel, but it was overly crowded on the Brilliance due to bad weather.

I wish Royal would up the game with the outdoor movies, though. Other lines make it an even with covers on the loungers, blankets, and fresh popcorn.

OMG how much would I love popcorn ! It's the only thing I miss about movies on a ship !

I agree.  I don't understand why they do not have it.  

On the one Norwegian cruise I've been on, there was a bar with popcorn and you could go pick some up whenever.  

They still had an indoor movie theater on the Freedom and we did go see a 3D movie there one day when the weather was bad. It was a fun experience though everyone is right and popcorn would have made it better :)