FLL Baggage Storage

stevendom57

14 hours ago, twangster said:

If you don't mind heading to FLL airport and dropping them your bags before exploring, give this place a call, they are right at FLL.

H18FDKv.jpg

Another option is rent a car with a trunk. 

Last option is Royal excursion with airport drop off.  

I called the bags to go last week, $8/bag per day open from 9:30-5pm daily

20 hours ago, stevendom57 said:

I am still thinking about this. Let's say I have a late flight out on debarkation day. I bring the bags to the airport and check them in with Bags to Go but I miss the 5pm deadline to retrieve them and can't get my bags. If I fly home as scheduled, how can I get my bags home the next day?

My best suggestion would be to call Bags to go. With an 8:30 flight out, you can still check your bags as early as 4:30pm. You could technically go back to FLL get you bags, check them and then head out to a dinner before coming back to the airport for your flight.

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'd consider renting a car.  Leave the bags in the trunk and go explore.  When done return car to airport and check in for your flight.

Thanks @twangster. I think I am just going to rent a car and do what you said. As long as I can rent in Miami and return to Fort Lauderdale. I've never been there so that i will be interesting too. My only concern now is the traffic. The one time I was in Miami the traffic was horrible. I have driven in Houston and in Austin, both known for bad traffic, but those were nothing compared to Miami.

5 minutes ago, stevendom57 said:

Thanks @twangster. I think I am just going to rent a car and do what you said. As long as I can rent in Miami and return to Fort Lauderdale. I've never been there so that i will be interesting too. My only concern now is the traffic. The one time I was in Miami the traffic was horrible. I have driven in Houston and in Austin, both known for bad traffic, but those were nothing compared to Miami.

Different rental companies have different policies on one way rentals.  Enterprise/Alamo has a rental shuttle that will take you from Port Miami to the Miami airport to pickup your rental if you have a reservation with them.  Shop around.  If you belong to Costco I've used them for rentals before but do shop around, Kayak, Expedia, etc.