New to Cruising

eburgmama

You will all have a blast! You can't go wrong with symphony, that's for sure. There are so many things to do, everyone will have a great time. Not sure if you've looked at pricing yet though, just so you know you are going to pay a premium for a "last minute"(I concider anything under 6 months last minute) cruise on the newest ship.

10 hours ago, eburgmama said:

I am planning my family's first cruise. We are looking for something this summer. My kids are 11, 9 and 4. What ship do you recommend? We are leaning toward the Symphony or the Allure.  thank you! 

You might also look into cruising out of Port Canaveral on the Harmony of the Seas.  It is an Oasis class ship that has nearly all the bells and whistles as the other ships you mentioned.   Not sure if you will be driving or flying but either way it is wise to get to port the day before your cruise and stay in a hotel/motel.  There are things that can go wrong with travel plans (car break down,  flight delay etc) and the ship will not wait for you if you are late. Consider the day before expenses as a insurance policy.  Good luck,  I know you and your family will have a great time.

My kids like the activities on the ships.  So I'll suggest Allure, Symphony and Harmony but you will pay a premium and possibly have a difficult time getting 2 rooms next to each other this late.

Other suggestions would be Freedom class (Liberty).  I'll also suggest Mariner and Navigator with having been recently Amp'd.  We're going on Navigator this summer and very excited to try the new slides.  You can get a 4 day cruise and the price is fairly decent. 

On 1/4/2019 at 8:59 PM, eburgmama said:

I am planning my family's first cruise. We are looking for something this summer. My kids are 11, 9 and 4. What ship do you recommend? We are leaning toward the Symphony or the Allure.  thank you! 

You cannot go wrong with those choices, or any Oasis Class ship (Oasis, Allure, Harmony or Symphony).

Agree with Matt, any Oasis class ship would be great. We have teens and usually get connected ocean view balcony staterooms. We just got off of allure and actually had 1 Oceanview balcony and 1 Boardwalk balcony across the hall. The kids loved the boardwalk balcony and its quite a bit cheaper (and came with free soda package for each kid).