Why Does It Take So Long To Post Award Levels and Things

Why does it take Royal Caribbean weeks and weeks to post your cruise points, levels of loyalty, award level gifts?

They seem to be able to take my reservations and monies immediately, but when it comes to recognition, they are absent at the wheel.

By the time we get something we earned and paid for, we have already forgotten that we achieved it, and the value of the award or thing is gone.

We have only recently received award levels and things, only because we asked for them. They were not automatically provided. Pins, awards, ect. were not given to us until we were almost at the Diamond + stage. Why is this?

We should not be asking for things that we have achieved, they should be given, immediately, without question, without hesitation, unconditionally.

This seems to be a back burner item for Royal Caribbean. It is a front burner thing for cruisers. When it is not provided, immediately, it's value is diminished.

I hear things like, you don't get it until the next cruise, or it is up to the person on board in charge of these things, or we will send it to you and it will arrive in 6-8 weeks or more. Try using those excuses when booking or paying or anything dealing with Royal Caribbean.

Or, the latest, we have to check to see if you were attempted to be given the award, while on ship and refused it. If no one on board states that you refused it, we will then send it to you, but it will take weeks before we get around to sending it to you. Please note: I have never refused an award, pin, or anything. This is absurd and quite frankly insulting.

Note to Royal Caribbean: Get the pins and awards out, as soon as they are achieved and award the cruisers immediately without question, unconditionally.

And an additional perk for Royal Caribbean, it's great PR, and, creates, encourages, and builds loyalty.

As many of the posts I've read today suggest, I don't believe RCI is really all that interested in loyalty for the average cruiser so much. It's all about the suites cruisers - getting and keeping them.

They have far too many "low level" loyalty cruisers who are going to do nothing but cost them money for perks, in the long run.

I really don't they care about anything else right now.

My situation seems to be different. I've received each of my pins promptly upon the first cruise at each newly attained level from Platinum to Diamond, all without request.

Same here.

I'll also add that they are happy to ensure you get the benefits and credits you deserve should something be missing.

I even got that certificate celebrating 55 nights onboard my last cruise, which I had no clue existed but was a nice surprise.

I'm sorry that you've had many negative experiences.

My situation seems to be different. I've received each of my pins promptly upon the first cruise at each newly attained level from Platinum to Diamond, all without request.

I am very happy to hear of your experience and of Matt's. That's encouraging in light of the other bad experiences noted above and elsewhere. We achieved the lowly Platinum status on our last cruise, so it will be interesting to see what happens on our cruise next month.

Just got off the Jewel on the 28th and this evening of the 3rd the points were posted to our account. 6 days to post.

Royal Caribbean is getting much better about this but, 6 days, really?

What if you are doing a Back To Back and in there somewhere you reach another level?

All transactions on our side to them takes seconds.

What if you are doing a Back To Back and in there somewhere you reach another level?

All transactions on our side to them takes seconds.

In that situation, you should speak to the loyalty ambassador on the first cruise.  We've heard countless times they will make sure you are upgraded for the second cruise.

In that situation, you should speak to the loyalty ambassador on the first cruise.  We've heard countless times they will make sure you are upgraded for the second cruise.

My point exactly, Mat. Thank you.

Why should we have to be telling them we hit a new level, or have achieved an award. This is something they should be on top of, tracking it. And making a big deal about it, on board, in our faces.

We shouldn't have to go to someone to tell them "Oh by the way, I am now at a different level, could you please......", they should know this and be telling us.

Then the excuses come, "you don't get anything until your next cruise, we have run out of pins (or awards) on ship, it will take weeks to get what you earned, we have to wait until it shows up on your statement and that could take weeks then we'll mail it to you and that could take weeks more".

This is not a WOW thing when it comes to Royal Caribbean. This is important to the Loyals why is it not, priority one?

I have always received my points by Friday evening after I got off the ship the previous Sunday.  That is not bad.  There are many passengers getting off of 23 or so ships.  You can go to the Loyalty Ambassador and tell them what you have earned and they will take care of it.  You should talk to them the previous week if you are due something the next week on a b2b so they can confirm if needed.  It usually works out.

My point exactly, Mat. Thank you.

Why should we have to be telling them we hit a new level, or have achieved an award. This is something they should be on top of, tracking it. And making a big deal about it, on board, in our faces.

We shouldn't have to go to someone to tell them "Oh by the way, I am now at a different level, could you please......", they should know this and be telling us.

Then the excuses come, "you don't get anything until your next cruise, we have run out of pins (or awards) on ship, it will take weeks to get what you earned, we have to wait until it shows up on your statement and that could take weeks then we'll mail it to you and that could take weeks more".

This is not a WOW thing when it comes to Royal Caribbean. This is important to the Loyals why is it not, priority one?

I would argue that first, needing points updated sooner than the current cycle is a rare need.  Back to back cruises are the exception, not the rule.  For a vast majority, I am certain the current procedures satisfy the needs.

Second, if we could all come up with our list of gripes about Royal Caribbean, I am certain few if none would list this in our top 10.

Third, I believe the system is the way it is because Royal Caribbean cannot prepare for a cruise properly in a window of like 24 hours before the cruise.  There are a lot of logistics involved in preparing for each sailing and as I mentioned earlier, this scenario does not have a high frequency of occurring.

All that being said, I am not saying you are wrong in wanting a more agile system for C&A to keep things up to date.  But I also believe if this is among your top issues with the company, I would say Royal Caribbean is doing pretty well overall.