Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: August 20, 2017
Welcome to this week's edition of the Royal Caribbean post round-up, where we summarize all of the Royal Caribbean news and information from this week into one handy-dandy post! There is plenty of great content to enjoy, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's round-up!
This week, Royal Caribbean was forced to make changes to upcoming Allure of the Seas itineraries due to a speed restriction.
It seems one of the propellers is damaged, which necessitated a reduction in speed and that resulted in more time to get from one port to another.
In addition, Royal Caribbean cancelled the January 21, 2018 sailing in order to take time to fix the cause of the speed restriction. The work will take one week, and cruises will resume with the January 28, 2018 sailing.
Royal Caribbean News
- Royal Caribbean announced the name of its new Quantum Ultra class ship, Spectrum of the Seas.
- Bonnie Tyler will perform her hit song on Oasis of the Seas during the Eclipse.
- A new dining package and beverage package combo is now available on some sailings.
- Shay Mitchell is Royal Caribbean's new Adventurist.
- Royal Caribbean provided an outlook for the ships that will be able to see next week's solar eclipse.
- Our list of nine things you must try on Allure of the Seas.
- Top five things to do in Nassau, Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
There is a lot of great dining opportunities on a Royal Caribbean cruise, and this week, Matt talks about the different food available to enjoy on a Royal Caribbean cruise.
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
PR Week shared the inside story of how Royal Caribbean managed to get Bonnie Tyler to perform onboard.
CNBC interviewed Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Chairman and CEO Richard Fain learned to protest in college.
Travel Weekly reported Royal Caribbean upgraded its online booking tool for travel agents.
Skift shares how cruise lines are dealing with customers booking earlier than ever.